PDA

View Full Version : how do i write off unpaid hours?

Poppins
19-08-2008, 01:26 PM
hi all,
i have had a mum who stitched me up for about £50,
have gone down all the usual routes for her to pay but you cant get blood out of a stone,
can i write the unpaid hours against my expensis?
thanks jo

cloud9
19-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I would say that if you have already put it in your accounts as an income that you would just deduct the amount off your current months income.

Pauline
19-08-2008, 03:28 PM
I would say that if you have already put it in your accounts as an income that you would just deduct the amount off your current months income.

I don't add anything as income till the money is in my bank!:rolleyes:

susi513
19-08-2008, 04:02 PM
I'm so far behind in my accounts its been received & spent long before it gets entered in my accounts lol

I have heard that if you write off unpaid fees it can be entered as an expense but I haven't done this & I don't know the correct way to record it. If you should have been paid £50 and never received it - its a loss and no more in your bank account/pocket just the same as the £50 you spent on, say stationery iyswim.

Suggest you ring your local tax office and see what they say? Until advised otherwise I would just put "name of the child (unpaid fees)" as the item description in your accounts book. And I would ensure my records include info to back up:
- copy of invoice sent to parent
- copy of reminder bill(s)
- copy of any letters/emails you sent/received in respect of the arrears

Chatterbox Childcare
19-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Don't forget to get legal advice from your insurers. They will chase this for you.

Debbie