PDA

View Full Version : CRB's & OFSTED

Cheeky
19-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi Everyone

I had my Pre-Reg visit at the end of July and the inspector took mine & my husbands CRB forms with her. Called CRB a week later to get our Reference numbers so i can track them online. I was given my husbands which is great so i can track his but was told my form was sent back to OFSTED as the hadnt stated what type of check they wanted done on me!!!

So called OFSTED straight away to double check they had received the form back and no they hadnt received it, ive been phoning them for the past 2 weeks and keep being told someone will phone me back but no-one has, i then sent OFSTED an email yesterday just asking someone to confirm the form has been received, completed where necessary and sent back to CRB but i havent had a reply to my email either.

I dont know what else to do, im aware that the checks take long enough in some areas without my form going missing now.

Should i ask to fill in another one, would this mean the inspector would have to come out again? Arrgghh! I though once was the Pre-Reg visit was done it would all move along nicely, how naive am i!!

Nic x

mimo
19-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Phone ofsted again get the persons name that you speak to there and tell them you will phone back again tomorrow to see if they have sorted it out .Let them know nicely that you will phone the same person every day until it is sorted that might help.Otherwise ask to speak to a manager there and get them to sort it .Dont accept that the manager will phone you back though as my experiance of ofsted is that they never do seem to phone you back. Good luck

sarah707
19-08-2008, 11:12 AM
It is possible the inspector has left them in her briefcase... it happened to a friend of mine, the inspector actually went on holiday with her CRBs in her case!

You might try that tack with Ofsted...

Mimo's advice is good or they fob you off and pass you round.

Good luck! :D

Cheeky
19-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the replies ladies,

Ive just had a response from my email although it does only say its been passed to another department! Ill phone them again this afternoon and like Mimo said get the person's name and let them know ill keep ringing till i get an answer, its just so frustrating.

Nic x

angeldelight
20-08-2008, 06:58 AM
Keep pestering them

Hope they sort it soon Nic

Angel xx

kellsni
20-08-2008, 08:43 AM
I had a problem with my CRB,
I sent my CRB to Ofsted with all my registration in April, then waiting ages for my social services check from Guernsey to come through they told me at the beginning of Aug that they had no record of my CRB and i need to fill a new one in :angry: I then found out it was because mine was to expire in Aug which I did not know they only lasted 3 years, I went mad and phoned them to say I was not happy and that I had sent my CRB in back in April and they should have informed me then that I would have to do another one:angry: all she could say was sorry.

Then a couple of days later they rang to say they had found that I had sent it in in April and that they would sign me off and send my certificate out:clapping:

It does pay to keep on at them and to show that you are not happy with their service, hope you get it sorted:)

Thanks Kelly

Cheeky
20-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi Everyone

I just phoned OFSTED again to be told they dont always keep records of forms etc being recieved so they dont know if they have had it back or not and therefore dont know if they have sent it back but they think they have and will call CRB in a few days to confirm they have it!!! Yeah right!! I think ill be doing that myself thanks.

I then called CRB again straight away who confirmed they definitly havent had it back yet.

I have taken a note of the person's name i spoke to and will call both CRB & OFTSED back on Friday.

I dont understand how we are all supposed to keep records of absolutly everything yet they dont even make a note of what they receive and what they have done with it.

I was hoping to be registered by the end of Sept, i finish working at my current job tommorrow although thankfully get paid till the end of Sept due to redundancy.

I just feel really dissapointed, im so looking forward to doing this and i feel ive done everything i can do to prepare and now im relying on other people doing there bit and i dont feel like im getting anywhere.

Anyway rant over, fingers crossed ill get it sorted soon.

Nic x

Nicki L
20-08-2008, 11:03 AM
What a shambles on their part! I thought they were supposed to be efficient.

Hope you get this sorted soon hun, they take long enough as it is.

Nicki
xx

Cheeky
20-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks Niki

I see your in Andover, im in Newbury. Nice to see someone kinda local.

Saz
20-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Keep chasing Ofsted. I had a phone call a couple of weeks after my pre-reg from Ofsted (actually I rang them to chase things up and they were about to ring me) asking when my husband was going to send them his CRB form. It was completed and given to the inspector at the pre-reg visit and she had still got the form in her car.

Cheeky
27-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi Ladies

I really need some advice please. As you know im having some real trouble with OFSTED and my CRB form, well i have been called everyday and making a note of who i speak to and asking for them everytime i call back (although i still get someone different!) and i have now logged a complaint.

I keep calling and no-one is helping me with this, all i keep getting is someone will call you but no-one does.