PDA

View Full Version : Help with intendo ds

Hannahlg
19-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Ok we are going to get 2 intendo ds for the afterschool children only. We already have 2 gameboy adavces which work fine but we have quite a few new afterschool chidlre nstarting in september that why we are getting to ds aswell. we only let the children who attend school fulltime use them.

now where a bit stuck on what games to get for them(we know we can use gameboy adance games in the ds) here is a list of the age of children who will be using them

10 year old girl
7 year old boy
6 and half year old boy
2 6 and half year old girls
5 year old boy
2 4 year old boys (from jan 2009)

any ideas of any games to get would be great to start with where geting one girl game and one boy game then when we got some more monay saved will be buy some more.

SimplyLucy
19-08-2008, 09:54 AM
My own children

Boy 4
Girl 6
Girl 8
Boy 9

all love Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games, lots of mini games so great mix for all.

They also love cooking mama, again a good sharing game as they can do a recipe each and then pass it on.

Hannahlg
19-08-2008, 09:57 AM
ok thanks i have seen the cooking mina one - could your 4 year old boy do this one?

SimplyLucy
19-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh yes, my 4 year old son loves it. He's even asked me to cook some of the things he's "made" as they look yummy.........he's a real fussy eater so this is a good sign!

sarah707
19-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Ds (12 and is usually attached to one machine or another) suggests Animal Crossing for both boys and girls and Mario and Sonic.

For the 10 yr old girl he thinks the Sims.

Try www.play.com as an alternative to Amazon and Ebay (no postage costs).

Hth :D

hbomb1
19-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Me, my DH, and two sons each own a nintendo ds. My boys love Super Mario World, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Yoshi Island, Bomberman, Disney Friends, Disney Cars. I also have Cooking Mama and my 4 yo cannot read so struggles with it, whereas my 5yo can do it. They also occassionally like to play Tetris and Bust a Move.

Check out Gameplay as well as Sarah's suggestion as they don't charge p&p and games are cheaper than the high street.

:D

FizzysFriends
19-08-2008, 10:10 AM
My 6yr old likes: Dogz, Catz, harmsterz, babyz (anything spelt wrong really, lol). Also I did it mom when she was young, has loads of little games, spot the difference, colouring in etc. She also plays Yahtzee, monopoly on it and simpsons.

LOOPYLISA
19-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Ok some advise for my dd here, nintendogs, cooking mama is good, mario karts, sonic, simms(older children), bratz diamondz, my stepson likes pokemon, build a bear, hope these help! x:thumbsup:

cloud9
19-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Ok we are going to get 2 intendo ds for the afterschool children only. We already have 2 gameboy adavces which work fine but we have quite a few new afterschool chidlre nstarting in september that why we are getting to ds aswell. we only let the children who attend school fulltime use them.

now where a bit stuck on what games to get for them(we know we can use gameboy adance games in the ds) here is a list of the age of children who will be using them

10 year old girl
7 year old boy
6 and half year old boy
2 6 and half year old girls
5 year old boy
2 4 year old boys (from jan 2009)

any ideas of any games to get would be great to start with where geting one girl game and one boy game then when we got some more monay saved will be buy some more.

To be honest i wouldn't actually recommend the ds's i bought one for my daughters 5th b.day in september and within 2 months the hinges were broken, so we got it exchanged for xmas and also got my 8 year old son one and a week after xmas his hinge went and you could clearly see my daughters going the same way to. so we took them back to the shop and exchange them for a nintendo wii instead which was much better for them.

Nintendo said that the ds top screen goes back 3 clicks but you should only go back 2 and have the screen at an angle or it weakens and eventually breaks the hinges! so my thinking was why design it so it goes back 3!!
My 2 weren't even heavy handed with it so we were really disappointed because they loved them!

LOOPYLISA
19-08-2008, 10:42 AM
To be honest i wouldn't actually recommend the ds's i bought one for my daughters 5th b.day in september and within 2 months the hinges were broken, so we got it exchanged for xmas and also got my 8 year old son one and a week after xmas his hinge went and you could clearly see my daughters going the same way to. so we took them back to the shop and exchange them for a nintendo wii instead which was much better for them.

Nintendo said that the ds top screen goes back 3 clicks but you should only go back 2 and have the screen at an angle or it weakens and eventually breaks the hinges! so my thinking was why design it so it goes back 3!!
My 2 weren't even heavy handed with it so we were really disappointed because they loved them!

We have also had this problem with hubys son, he has had 3:eek: , but he is heavy handed and we have said this is the last one!, we too have a wii -great! x

cloud9
19-08-2008, 10:49 AM
I would def recommend the wii especially if it is for the older children (over 5's) they are a lot more durable!

Hannahlg
19-08-2008, 11:40 AM
thanks for adive on the games

devoncm
19-08-2008, 01:25 PM
my 8 yr old dd loves her ds, we also have the wii which the sports it comes with has been a great success.

Hannahlg
22-08-2008, 08:18 AM
i got 1 back and one sliver DS

i goth miro and syco at the oylmic games and cooking mina 2

and i got solitare card cames for me

there great and eveb my mum can play them 2

mimo
22-08-2008, 08:50 AM
glad you got it sorted out .Hope the children have fun on them

Hannahlg
22-08-2008, 01:48 PM
oh i am sure there will as most of them have there own at home anyways

brillminder
22-08-2008, 05:26 PM
if getting from argos what does thier insurance cost? i have had a friend claim on hers after hindges broke?
check out my for sale have nintendogames
one advantage game left and
ds harry potter & need for speed 2
also lots of older type games that can work with advantage not ds, i had for my after schools but now all mine to you so sorted out to go :) pm me

Chanelle
16-02-2009, 09:53 AM
we havent had the problem with the hindges but the on/off switch which broke ... I also have a wii and must say that it is great for all ages... also the physical side of the wii will fit in nicely with keeping children fit and healthy !! :)

mushpea
16-02-2009, 03:35 PM
never had a problem with our ds's,, my two who are 8 and 10 like cooking mama, mario and sonic olympics, animal games, fighting games:rolleyes:
we also have a wii which is fab but you do have to be careful they dont know each other out when playing, also we have a blanket laid on the floor and they are not allowed to cross the blanket , this is because they were getting to close to the tv!
www.game.co.uk is a good website, they have some new and also used games a good prices, never had a problem with the used games and we do use them quite a bit.