PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

mummyspice
18-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi Guys,
So sorry I haven't been on for ages. Mega busy.
I decided to start advertising again today and have already had my first query.Hours great, child sounds great, want to start asap, basically perfect lol
But............................................... .................................................. ....found out tonight that Mum is an Early Years Advisor.:panic:
Need to sort myself out for thursday, any tips anyone???
I'm still in process of updating a lot of stuff-absoluteley bricking it lol
Lisa x

Spangles
18-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I haven't got any advice but wanted to say good luck! I bet you're fine!

Nicki L
18-08-2008, 10:23 PM
sorry i havent got any advice either - i am still getting my head around it all. Although she must realise we are in the change over stage??

Good luck, i am sure you will be fine
xxx

angeldelight
19-08-2008, 06:23 AM
I would not panic

Be yourself then say something like " Oh thats great you can point me in the right direction if I go wrong "

Remember this lady is just a person too

She is coming to see you because she is a parent though not because of her job - so treat her the same as you would any other parent

Good luck

Angel xxx

SimplyLucy
19-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Just remember that she probably has a nightmare trying to organise childcare as people will be worried about her anaslysing their work.

When I had my inspection the other week the inspector was telling me she had awful problems trying to get a childminder. She even admitted she has to lie about her job to get a space, (she's since admitted her job and all is well!)

Use it to your advantage, I'm sure you'll bowl her over with all your EYFS knowledge..........don't forget all the great info and advice on this forum you have to draw from!:D

miffy
19-08-2008, 06:42 AM
I agree with Angel - be yourself and think positive!

Good luck

Miffy xx

mummyspice
19-08-2008, 08:59 AM
oooo thanks girls :thumbsup:
I will just be myself I think-it's up to her in the end.
Doesn't help that her previous minder is a very hard act to follow, outstanding ofsted report. I did chat with her last night-so have an idea of what Mum wants.
Got Caroline coming in a bit to help me get prepared.......no facebook lol
Lisa x

PaulaR
19-08-2008, 10:07 AM
I have a mum who works in a playgroup. Its a positive thing because when you do something good the mum appreciates it.
Soem of the other mums have no idea how much thought you have put into an activity.
Plus she must have picked you over a few otehrs so be confident in that.

mimo
19-08-2008, 10:39 AM
just remeber she is there as a parent and not a early years advisor she will only be interested in how you are going to look after her child .She wont be there inspecting you. You may find her a great help as time goes on she may be able give you advise on new things that they bring in.