PDA

View Full Version : Tax credits

Poppins
18-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi once again i have filled out contracts, for the parents to get hold of registration number so they can claim heaps amount of money never to come and take the placement!!
This mum come to me very genuine that she could not afford place until tax credits funding was in place, she phoned to confirm payment was made and would be attending monday, monday came no sign of mum or child!!! this is not the first time this has happened to me there must be a better way for us and our government! when i tried to ring tax credits they told me to put it in writing

sarah707
18-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Oh dear, sadly it does happen :(

You have done the right thing contacting tax credits - I hope they sort it out.

I hope you replace your contract soon.

Mollymop
18-08-2008, 07:47 PM
IMO I think the childcare part of tax credits should be paid to the childcarer rather than the parents.

fionamal
18-08-2008, 08:08 PM
I agreee that the childcare element should be paid to the carers direct to save all this happening.

Its amazing the parents that come to visit and all they are inierseted in is your Registration Number and are miffed when they dont get it on their visit.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2008, 08:34 PM
I had this problem and rang the parent and stated that you have a form from the Tax Credit department of inland revenue. I said that they thought I was being paid and now I have to send a nil return back.

Mum soon came and signed the contracts!

Debbie

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I had this problem and rang the parent and stated that you have a form from the Tax Credit department of inland revenue. I said that they thought I was being paid and now I have to send a nil return back.

Mum soon came and signed the contracts!

Debbie

Good one :) I am amazed this goes on. I have never had this happen to me, but knowing people and how they are always looking for ways to defraud the govt, I am sadly not surprised.

angeldelight
26-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Sorry to hear that - I have had it happen in the past so know how you feel

Hope you find someone new soon

Angel xxx

katickles
26-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Hope you fill your vacancy soon :(

Pudding Girl
26-08-2008, 12:44 PM
This makes me fume!:mad:

I did read though ( in NW maybe?) that they are going to address the payments of it to be done more like Housing Benefit, direct to the carer.