PDA

View Full Version : Hope I haven't broken the new one!!

Saranotts
18-08-2008, 06:24 PM
I have been looking after another CM's mindee today while she is on holiday. All has gone swimmingly and he seems to have really enjoyed himself

. ................. then one hour before he is due to be picked up he has fallen off the enclosed trampoline whilst trying to get a ball..........nooooooooooo.

He had a right lump on the back of his head and although he was fine and wanting to go back on after three minutes, I am still worried. I put on a cold compress his head, not mine), checked that there was no indentation of the lump and comforted and chatted to him. I also called his parents to let them know and also to say that I didn't want to give him his tea incase they wanted to take him to A & E. Kept checking him every five mins and he wasn't sleepy, his eyes looked fine and he was happy and responsive and didn't feel sick or tired. I also filled out an accident report and went through it with the Dad and reminded him of what to be on the look out for, though I did say, I thought it would be best to check it out whatever.

I am now sitting here hoping he is okay and just wanting a bit of reassurance that I did the right thing. Did I?

I'm not worried about the parents, I actually know dad from years ago and he was absolutely fine about it all and wasn't concerned that it had happened and said "he's a little boy, they are always getting into scrapes and bashing themselves".

sorry I will stop going on now.................

Sara

Nicki L
18-08-2008, 06:29 PM
You did everything i would have done, dont worry i am sure he will be fine

Nicki
xxx

sarah707
18-08-2008, 06:37 PM
You did all the right things... it's just typical though isn't it :rolleyes:

charleyfarley
18-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Everything you did was right

We do worry though don't we, can't help it.

If you are still worried and just to put your mind at rest maybe give the parents a call.

Carol xx

LisaH
18-08-2008, 07:57 PM
You did everything you should/could have done so try not to worry (easier said than done), I'm sure he will be just fine.:)

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2008, 08:35 PM
What more could you have done.

Just a precautionary note - do you have a letter from the parent stating that the child can use the trampoline? Without this you do not have any insurance.

Relax you did a good job.

Debbie

miffy
18-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh I feel for you - just what you don't want to happen when you're looking after someone else's child.

You did everything correctly though so don't worry - pleased dad was OK with you

Miffy xx

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 09:19 PM
***'s Law hey? The one and only time I have ever had an incident at home where there was blood, was when the little boy's mum was due to arrive in 5 mins... typical. These things happen - you responded as you should in that situ.

Nic0412
19-08-2008, 12:38 PM
What more could you have done.

Just a precautionary note - do you have a letter from the parent stating that the child can use the trampoline? Without this you do not have any insurance.

Relax you did a good job.

Debbie

Sorry to crash but is this true about the trampoline? I have one in my back garden but didn't know that I needed prmission from parents for mindees to use it.
Nic x

Saranotts
19-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks Debbie, yes, I have a parental permission form for all play equipment, along with another 300 permission forms going down to whether or not I am allowed to let them use a crayon sharpner......lol.

I sent the parents a text yesterday evening asking how he was. All was fine and the parents were really touched that I was still concerned. I've since had him here today and all has been well (no wonder really, I wrapped him in cotton wool and hung him up in the cupboard:D )(joke honest).

So all is well and I have now finished for a few days holiday.....hoorah.

Sara

angeldelight
19-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Glad the little one was ok and parents were ok about it Sara

Nic if you look on the Bromley website you can get a permission form from there that you can adapt for your setting

Angel xx