PDA

View Full Version : EYFS TRAINING

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi all

I am amazed at how many councils are not helping providers, childminders or other, with the EYFS.

In Swindon we have had 4 x 2 hour courses with more to come and for everyone who enrolled we were given a £250.00 grant to spend on toys/equipment.

The government has ear marked money for EYFS so get on to your councils and find out what is happening.

Good luck.

Debbie

Chimps Childminding
18-08-2008, 06:46 PM
We have had nothing except Opening the Pack! and as far as I know there is nothing lined up for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18-08-2008, 06:52 PM
I have only been offered the opening the pack course too. It was 6 hours but did not cover half the pack! And no new courses available yet. I get much more useful stuff here but would like more training and it seems that other settings are being done first.

Anni

Chimps Childminding
18-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I have only been offered the opening the pack course too. It was 6 hours but did not cover half the pack! And no new courses available yet. I get much more useful stuff here but would like more training and it seems that other settings are being done first.

Anni

Blimey ours was only a couple of hours!!!!!!!! :laughing:

Nicki L
18-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Snap!! - i had a couple of hours one evening!

tashaleee
18-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi all

I am amazed at how many councils are not helping providers, childminders or other, with the EYFS.

In Swindon we have had 4 x 2 hour courses with more to come and for everyone who enrolled we were given a £250.00 grant to spend on toys/equipment.

The government has ear marked money for EYFS so get on to your councils and find out what is happening.

Good luck.

Debbie

Our area put on 4 different training sessions - and each one tended to have a different 'tutor' who all repeated the same stuff - result very bored, tired, irritated, fed up childminders! Would have been nice to have had your grant -would have made the blow of wasting so many hours of our lives a little more bearable......:D

Chatterbox Childcare
19-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I wonder where all the money has gone that was provided to your councils.

I would phone and ask.

There was over 10 million given out for all providers to share in. maybe different training will be allocated later in the year

Debbie

miffy
19-08-2008, 07:15 AM
£250??????

In nearly twenty years of minding I've never had a penny from the council although they do provide lots of free training.

You are very lucky - even £50 would have been great

Miffyxx

miss muffit
19-08-2008, 07:26 AM
WoW! £250.00 how lovely, i have been on a days course (6hours) :eek:

never got any money for toys/equipment. :)

2kidsunder5
19-08-2008, 08:53 AM
I had the open your pack course that lasted for 3 hours and to be honest I had already opened my pack beforehand and learned nothing from the course.

However on a positive note there is more training planned in obs, planning and SEF - no dates yet though.

Also, we were all sent out a very detailed in depth questionnaire to complete with regard to the early years settings getting something, probably not money, but rumour has it if majority of childminders put down that they have a personal computer (used for personal use and not childminding) then the council will go out and buy all childminders who completed the questionnaire a laptop!!!! Mmmmm- lets wait and see, watch this space!!

Diane xx

mimo
19-08-2008, 10:53 AM
We had day drop in mobile centre one day in july i was away so i missed it and that was it .It was just ageneral drop in centre not atraining session as such. i am going to ask my council where the money has gone:mad: