PDA

View Full Version : A lesson to remember: strawberry education ltd prob again

emmadines
18-08-2008, 03:35 PM
urrrggggghhhh, Im trying to write an account of whats been happening for the ncma leagl team, the strawberry ppl are still insisting on payment.

its soooooooo boring! Im trying to get in in correct order and trying to get it to make sence, writting things up are not my best qualities trust me.

huff

:yawning: :huh:

Ive finally sent the email to them...... anyone know how long they take to look at things?

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I am not with you on this one. What has happened and what do you need help with?

Debbie

mrsb
18-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Luckily I've not had to use the legal team but I would guess they handle things pretty quickly, especially where a demand of money has been made.
Really hope you get this sorted, it must be a real worry for you. Have you thought of cotacting trading standards or maybe even watchdog?

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Is there any chance of you giving us a brief synopsis of what happened with them?

I hope the NCMA sort whatever needs sorting, soon.

emmadines
18-08-2008, 05:38 PM
this dosent give much but............http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14054&highlight=strawberry

but basically this is what ive sent

On the 22nd July I got contacted via the telephone with regards to me placing an add in their workbooks. The lady who called me spoke to me in such a way that I was left feeling very guilt ridden if I had said no. On the 23rd July 08, I sent them an email stating that I was not told of the vat and that I felt that I was given false information with regards to what they do. After listening to the recording it appears that I was told, I still have no memory of hearing this.

The lady on the phone stated saying "Hello is this Emma Dines" I replied "yes" then she continues "Thank you so very much for supporting us, the contribution you have given us is going to go towards us helping those children who are being abused and worse." etc, etc.

I felt so guilty that if I had said no that I would be this most horrid person and said yes. I did state to them that I cannot actually afford this as I am only a childminder and that I have only just started my business. After this discussion the verbal contract was started again as you can hear in the attached recording.

After I have time to think about what's actually happened and the amount (believing it was only £250.00) I immediately wrote and sent them an email stating that I didn't want to continue with this and that I felt that they also misled me as to what they actually did and a copy of this will be sent via means of recorded delivery.

I received a letter dating 22 July 2008 from them stating that I'm supporting the community safety project. This arrived on the 23rd as mentioned above this it not what they originally stated. Please find attached (letter from strawberry education ltd 1.jpg)

after this I receive another letter with regards to the artwork. As this crossed paths with my cancellation letter I didn't see a reason to respond to them as its all in the original cancellation letter. Please find attached strawberry education ltd cancellation letter.

After this I have a couple of phone calls from them to which I try to argue my case but to no avail. I recently had another phone call with regards to the account. the lady seemed to be trying very hard to get me to state that I cannot afford this, she was very persistent with this. since then I have been away on a family holiday so have been unable to see to this further.

before I even consider paying them I wish to know if I got my cancellation email and letter in time to cancel this. I cannot really afford this although I do have the money there. I do not wish to advertise with them and I didn't wish to do so in the 1st place. as you can see in the invoice the total sum is just under the £300 mark. please any advice would be great fully received.

flora
18-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Golly Emma, I hope you get this sorted very soon babe xxxxx

emmadines
19-08-2008, 07:36 AM
thankyou tulip0803 your a star, fingers crossed

tulip sent me a link to this site
http://www.blagger.com/scripts/db4.php?companyname=&company_id=2652

do you think i should forward this to the lawers?????

ajs
19-08-2008, 07:42 AM
sorry the link doesn't wor for me but if you think it will strengthen your case agaisnt them then send it
anything that helps

good luck with this and don't pay up unless you absolutley have to

emmadines
19-08-2008, 07:47 AM
sorry the link doesn't wor for me but if you think it will strengthen your case agaisnt them then send it
anything that helps

good luck with this and don't pay up unless you absolutley have to

try now :)

ajs
19-08-2008, 07:53 AM
god they sound dreadful

push it as far as possible and try very hard not to pay

i was on the phone yesterday validating my credit card and they transferred me to a company that sounds like this one although what they were selling is credit checks for £1 for the first 30 days but £70 if you let the contract run on they talked so fast and kept passing me to different people which was very confusing. i agreed to it but am going to call today to cancel it as i don't want to be caught out for the £70 in 30 days

i have never been so bamboozled though and i knew what i was getting myself into anyone who has never had to deal with this kind of selling would be really stuffed by them

emmadines
19-08-2008, 04:05 PM
god they sound dreadful

push it as far as possible and try very hard not to pay

i was on the phone yesterday validating my credit card and they transferred me to a company that sounds like this one although what they were selling is credit checks for £1 for the first 30 days but £70 if you let the contract run on they talked so fast and kept passing me to different people which was very confusing. i agreed to it but am going to call today to cancel it as i don't want to be caught out for the £70 in 30 days

i have never been so bamboozled though and i knew what i was getting myself into anyone who has never had to deal with this kind of selling would be really stuffed by them

well consider me well and truely stuffed:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
I ve hed to pay them £250 along with a letter. I feel well and truely sick and I keep crying which is also driving me nuts, how could I be so STUPID????

To whom it may concern,

As agreed please find enclosed a cheque for the sum of £250.00 as full and final payment.
Please ensure that you return by post a receipt for the cheque stating clearly that all monies have been paid.

I wish to receive written confirmation that there are no continuing contractual agreements between ourselves. Please also confirm that my details are removed from the contact list of yourselves and any other associated companies and ensure that I no longer receive unsolicited calls.

I look forward to your speedy response

mrsb
19-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Oh Emma I'm sorry it didn't go your way :( *hugs*

emmadines
19-08-2008, 10:23 PM
thanks for putting up with this. i know ive done alot of moaning. im sorry about that!!

Bushpig
19-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Emma, have you thought of phoning Watchdog??? Seriously. After reading that link I see they do this to everyone... you are not alone it seems!

emmadines
20-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Emma, have you thought of phoning Watchdog??? Seriously. After reading that link I see they do this to everyone... you are not alone it seems!

I will be, but Im sure nothing will come of it! thats just the way things work for me normally....:( , sorry Im feeling abit sorry for myself at mo!!

1st ive go to wait till i get the letter from them agreeing the the contract wont be renewed next time! im posting the cheque today. next day post so its recorded.

once i have everything i need from them i will be going to watchdog and i will also put that sit along with what i have.

just cant believe i let this happen to me!

Nicki L
20-08-2008, 11:21 AM
So sorry to hear that this has all happened to you.

But thankyou for telling us all about it - and hopefully saving a few people from this horrible company.

Chin up hun

Nicki
x

Minstrel
20-08-2008, 02:37 PM
How come you ended up paying ? what did NCMA say?
So sorry you have gone through all this, £250 is a lot of money!

big hugs:)

emmadines
20-08-2008, 03:50 PM
How come you ended up paying ? what did NCMA say?
So sorry you have gone through all this, £250 is a lot of money!

big hugs:)

NCMA basically said there’s nothing they or I can do as they obviously know the law rather well and that the only thing I can do is pay them via cheque and enclose a letter stating that the contract under any means is not to be renewed!

I had a call from a lady "strawberry" offering me the £250.00 instead of £293.00. I told her that a letter and a cheque for the sum of £250 is already on its way and that it will be with her tomorrow morning. She was actually quite shocked!! apparently the bloke who spoke down and over to me rather aggressively those last 2 times has been suspended and the account is dead after payment is finalised (at least I can hope this is truthful but they have nothing to allow them to obtain any other money)

Just a warning to everyone!!

They are very persuasive and very full on when they try to sign you up.

DO NOT IN ANY CERCOMSTANCES AGREE TO ANYTHING OVER THE PHONE, ASK FOR IT IN WRITING!!!

something I have had to learn the hard way, so please take something from my mistake!:) :(

Minstrel
20-08-2008, 03:55 PM
We definatly will.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
xx

emmadines
20-08-2008, 03:56 PM
We definatly will.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
xx

No thankyou fot allowing my to rant BIG time!!:littleangel: :blush:

emmadines
21-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi im just gonna bump this post up so ppl can see it. im not expecting posted replys just wanted to be sure that ppl have seen this so they dont fall for it like i did.

angeldelight
21-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Thanks Emma

Angel xxx

emmadines
21-08-2008, 08:19 PM
this is my last bump just to ensure that alls seen and are awear. x

son77
21-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks for bumping up.

I cant believe what you have been through.

It is truly awful.

Big hugs xxx

emmadines
21-08-2008, 09:04 PM
thanks. its a live and learn thing for it now!! as long as others read and learn and be careful then at least its not in vain if you know what i mean.

miffy
21-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Sorry Emma I'd missed this too - what a horrible company and a shabby way to operate. So sorry you got caught out like this.

Hope you have heard the last of them now and there is some way of recovering your money

Miffy xx

Blowing Bubbles
21-08-2008, 09:23 PM
What a terrible ordeal to have to go through, but thanks for sharring I have learn't alot. And after going through all that, you have every right to moan! I hope that you feel better soon! Take care:)
Wendy

emmadines
21-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Sorry Emma I'd missed this too - what a horrible company and a shabby way to operate. So sorry you got caught out like this.

Hope you have heard the last of them now and there is some way of recovering your money

Miffy xx

only via means of putting it on my tax bill!

oh and will be looking into watchdog!!

Blaze
21-08-2008, 11:03 PM
:eek: Was really shocked by this...v. sorry you've ended up out of pocket...would def look into watchdog...also The Mirror has a page where they help people in similar situations...might be worth contacting them?

Thanks for sharing.:)

Chatterbox Childcare
22-08-2008, 04:56 AM
They are definately on my no no list and I have informed all my group members too.

Thanks for the notification.

Debbie

ajs
22-08-2008, 06:29 AM
i know it's hard emma but at least it's over with now.

after your experience i called up the credit agency who sold me a policy and told them to cancel it effectiver immediately. i was told i wasn't even on the system yet but that he would remove me when it showed up

emmadines
22-08-2008, 07:59 AM
i know it's hard emma but at least it's over with now.

after your experience i called up the credit agency who sold me a policy and told them to cancel it effectiver immediately. i was told i wasn't even on the system yet but that he would remove me when it showed up

please send a letter to the stating you want it cancilled (just in case)