PDA

View Full Version : Babysitting

abba1772
18-08-2008, 01:45 PM
i offer babysitting to my mindee children, not many take it up but it's there if they need it.

one of my parents handed my number to a women and she wants me to look after her kids (all boys 4, 3 and 2 year old) for £5 ph thats not the prob. the prob is she lives 22 miles away from me so thats 44 mile round trip for maybe a couple of nights a month

what do i do, it's nnot worth £5 an hour and she's laid the guilt trip saying she's split with hubby

do you think it's cheeky to ask her to cover my pertrol expenses and ask for more per hour

Annie_T
18-08-2008, 01:50 PM
i can see your point hun, i would ask if she pay x amount of fuel on top too, coz 44 miles is bit of drain on the petroli would of thought

abba1772
18-08-2008, 02:15 PM
think i might have also underpriced myself as well not being greddy but it needs to be worth my while could be driving hom at 12.30 in the middle of the night

think i might need to turn her down and my parent doesn't get offended if i turn her friend down.

miffy
18-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I'd turn it down - looking after 3 children (especially ones you don't know) for £5.00 an hour is hardly worth it anyway but put that with the 44mile round trip just not worth it at all.

Even if she covered your expenses it would be a long trip home late at night or in the early hours.

Just explain to your parent that you offer this service as "an extra" to mindees parents because you know the children well but don't wish to babysit for anyone else

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Think you are being taken for a mug if you don't ask for petrol money.

If not, let her find someone local. I am sure if she can afford to go out then she can afford for someone reliable to look after her children!

Debbie

Spangles
18-08-2008, 05:16 PM
I agree with Miffy.

I'm sure if you explained it to your mindee's parents they would totally understand. That would cost a lot in petrol and add a lot of time into your time away from home.

I certainly wouldn't do it.

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I would never do it for £5 an hour... never mind the long trip... and after a long day at work for you too! I am sure your parent will understand. That is a long way away, there must be a local who can help her.

sarah707
18-08-2008, 05:28 PM
My dd is 14 nearly 15 and she gets £5 per hour plus lifts there and back.

I think you need a re-think! :D

Hannahlg
19-08-2008, 09:32 AM
i babysit (noy for minde children) the person who i baby sit for only lives like 5min walk way

the fmaily what i babysit for the dad works away monday to firday, sometiems if she gose out with fridands and going to be late night will ask one of them to take me home or if coming home in taxi will pay for taxi for me to take me home

but if not late night my dad will bring me home