PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to come

kellsni
18-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I am going to recive my certificate this week, then send away for my insurance how long does it all take to come through as i want to be up and running by September?:panic:

Wiggly
18-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Depends who you insure with. My only experience is with NCMA and they can take up to 28 days to send out insurance certificate. I renewed mine in July and it took nearly 3 weeks to come through.

Sorry, I've daunted you now.
Wiggly
x

LOOPYLISA
18-08-2008, 03:21 PM
My membership and isurance was part of a bursary that they do in my area, at a guess i think it took 3 weeks max!

balloon
18-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I filled out Morton Michel insurance online today and it said the paperwork would be sent within 3 working days. It's my first time with them so I have no idea if this will actually happen or not though...

Saz
20-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I had my certificate issued at the end of July and I sent off for my NCMA Start Up kit in July. I havent received it yet but when I phoned the membership line they said my order was received at the warehouse on 7th August and it would take approx 21days for dispatch.

I am not too concerned as my children are already lined up for start in September but I would like to get contracts signed to make it official.

My support officer did say that I could ask them to confirm my insurance is in place and if it is then I could write my own temporary contracts and start immediately. I don't know if anyone else on the forum has actually done this.

kellsni
21-08-2008, 08:29 PM
That sounds good will have to look into that just in case I need to take anyone on:) as i was told by Ofsted that i could not start till I got my insurance:(

Chatterbox Childcare
22-08-2008, 05:15 AM
It shouldn't take too long.

I am with NCMA and they sent me a cover note immediately. Give them a ring.

Debbie

Mollymop
22-08-2008, 08:22 AM
I hope it works out ok.

I sent off for my insurance before my reg came through - I ended up being insured for a full month before I was a childminder. It did take quite a while a few weeks or more but I am sure if you keep call them and tell them it is urgent they should hurry it through for you xxx

balloon
22-08-2008, 08:31 AM
I filled out Morton Michel insurance online today and it said the paperwork would be sent within 3 working days. It's my first time with them so I have no idea if this will actually happen or not though...

Just to let you know, I have just received my MM insurance policy (22nd Aug).

I applied (online) on Monday and got it through post on Friday of the same week so they kept to their schedule perfectly.

If you want to look at the site, just google 'morton michel, childminder insurance' and it comes right out on top of the pile.

All the paperwork (contracts, register, accident and incident etc) can take ages to come too. I sent off for mine almost two weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived, luckily I have had no interest so it hasn't mattered to me. In hindsight I do wish I'd sorted it out first now...

LOOPYLISA
22-08-2008, 12:08 PM
I hope it works out ok.

I sent off for my insurance before my reg came through - I ended up being insured for a full month before I was a childminder. It did take quite a while a few weeks or more but I am sure if you keep call them and tell them it is urgent they should hurry it through for you xxx

Yes this is what i have done, x:thumbsup:

kellsni
22-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I was getting mine funded for so had to wait till my certificate come through first:(

Saz
28-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Just rang NMCA to chase up mine again and they are still stating 21 days for dispatch. But it is 21 working days so hopefully I should receive my pack next week.

Sarpix
27-09-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm with NCMA and they took 12 days including weekends.

Sarah x:)

don the duck
05-11-2008, 01:54 PM
That was a questipon i was gonna ask thanks.

FizzysFriends
05-11-2008, 06:13 PM
I have ordered mine today. Hope it doesn't take too long to come.

If you just order a pad of contracts on the NCMA website how long do they usually take to come?

Minnie mouse
05-11-2008, 06:58 PM
I have ordered mine today. Hope it doesn't take too long to come.

If you just order a pad of contracts on the NCMA website how long do they usually take to come?

I think mine took about 12 days too just for the contracts :)