PDA

View Full Version : how to entertain 7 year old

Nic0412
17-08-2008, 01:30 AM
I have got a seven year old girl startin next week for only 2 1/2 hours a day, one day a week, however since i have 3 sons not quite sure what will entertain her for this short time. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

miffy
17-08-2008, 07:33 AM
I'd start by asking her what she likes to do - my seven year old girls are into crafty things but then I've also looked after some that just wanted to play football with the boys.

Good luck

Miffy xx

singlewiththree
17-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Obviously every child is different but my 7yr old daughter likes to

* make bead pictures
* anything crafty
* baking
* high school musical
* making up dances/plays/stories/songs
* music of any kind - keyboards etc
* play on the park or outside in garden
* play with younger children as she is my eldest so likes to feel grown up!

HTH

angeldelight
17-08-2008, 11:46 AM
I would also ask her

When I have new children that are older I always give them some questions to take away with them so they can tell me a little about themselves so I get a general idea

I am sure she will soon let you know though

Crafts and cooking is always great for both boys and girls

Have fun hope it goes ok

Angel xx

sue32
17-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I would sit down with her and ask what she likes doing and if there is something that all of you can do as not to do all that she wants and your other children dont have a say even if she is there for a short while. Most children like baking and crafts and going for walks or play grounds. If you make a list of things that you do now and ask her to tick the ones she would like to do. Good luck

Nic0412
18-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Thank you for your replies. I just wanted to make sure I didn't get anything in that was too old/young for her. :)