PDA

View Full Version : dropping mindies off

sar
09-01-2008, 08:22 PM
i have been looking after a little boy for 4 mths and over christmas his parents moved,thay have asked me to drop him of i said i see what i can do.The round trip is 15 miles i have worked out a price to charge extra to may childminding day.I have asked to day why do thay want me to drop off and i have been told because thay dont want to be out late well i have the little boy till 6pm drop him off and get back home will be about 6.45 pm for me i been thinking this is to late for me and i have to think of my own children. im not looking forward having to tell the parents as thire quiet bossy and i think thay will end contract with me and advice ladys

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Sorry I am not going to be much help here

I would not do it

You have to think of yourself and your family

Sorry maybe someone else can help

Angel xx

Lou
09-01-2008, 08:25 PM
What a cheek,you are not a flipping taxi service!!!

I am a bit in shock, some people never cease to amaze do they!!!!

Just tel them no way, you are a childminder, you have your own children aswell as your own family to think of and other minded children.

I cant quite believe it!!!

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I agree Lou I was amazed myself and just wondering if they want her to go in and cook their tea when she arrives with THEIR children

It is a cheek

Angel xx

emler
09-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I agree completely with what Lou said. What do they think you are? There's no way I would be doing that either.

Emler x

Monkey1
09-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I would tell them to bog off as well! That really is taking the p***!

Tily Bud
09-01-2008, 08:32 PM
I wouldnt do it either, never mind them not wanting to be out late but its ok for you !!!!

Cheryl x

mrsbumbles
09-01-2008, 08:37 PM
I agree with what the others have said, but it would also limit you to the numbers of mindees you have to the spaces you have in your car, if you have all got to get in the car to take one child home, this might not be a problem now but it maybe in the future if someone has the need for early evening childcare.

sarah707
09-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Nope, I wouldn't do it either... think you need to get advertising sar x

Wiggly
09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
What a rip take - definitely wouldn't do it.

Put your family first and tell them straight is my advice.

Wiggly
x

fionamal
09-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Think I'd be telling them to take a hike. Its not just their kid you have.

Some parents!

Mollymop
09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Can't believe it Sar, how cheeky to expect you to do all this for them. It's not fair on you at all.
Don't worry if she is Bossy, don't take no problems from her as it is your business and if she doesn't like it, that is up to her.

Angela234
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I agree with everyone else i would NOT do it I think there just pushing their luck

Let us know what happens

Angela

Blaze
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Talk about taking the proverbial! Tell them no & start advertising either that or charge them £20 inconvenience fee per night! LOL!
Tasha:)

miffy
09-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Have to agree with everyone else Sar - tell them NO.

What a cheek!

Miffy xx

chubbymummy
09-01-2008, 09:27 PM
NO NO NO NO!!!!!! do not do it

unless............charge double plus petrol both ways and an inconvienience charge......

advertise now!

ajs
09-01-2008, 09:31 PM
have you told them yet
i agree with tasha and chubby mummy charge a fortune then they can have the choice or you can have the money but i wouldn't do it not even for £20 a night i hate the cold so once i'm home i stay in

ajs
09-01-2008, 09:33 PM
anyway if they're leaving work evn if they are having to come out of their way then surely they are out already so can just drive the extra distance to yours

Lou
09-01-2008, 09:33 PM
No i agree Mandy, i wouldnt even do it for £2* a night.

You know sometimes i dont like going out in the cold to do the school run, but i wouldnt ask the teachers to drop them off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajs
09-01-2008, 09:39 PM
good point lou

what did you write that the forum police changed to asterisk or did you put them

Lou
09-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Ha no i made a mistake, i meant to write 20 but had the num lock on by mistake!

charleyfarley
09-01-2008, 09:47 PM
How cheeky are some parents, even to think about asking you to do it.

A big no, don't do it from me

Carol xx

Rubybubbles
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
have to agree with everyone on this one, family time is far to important for this,

Let us know how you get on Sar, keep strong

Spangles
09-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Also, look how quickly petrol prices are rising! I wouldn't do it at all, you've got a life too and you're not a chauffeur!

oakie dokie
10-01-2008, 06:58 AM
omg parents! no no n o, you dont want to be out late either.omg

hazelx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
10-01-2008, 08:13 AM
There is no way I would do that they are just being lazy expecting you to do it. I would def tell them you cannot do it anymore.

Let us know how it goes.

Lorraine xx

sar
10-01-2008, 09:07 PM
hello lady waw thanks for all your comment ido feel a bit better with you all on my side .well yes i have said to the mum and she told me well if you want to work i should do it lol.and she then said well she is my boss as shuch lol for a bit i didnt know what to say i went red and then started on my soap box saying NO NO NO you are not my boss well cut a long story short she left saying she will have a chat with her husband and thay will see if thay need me .i was so upset i couldnt talk for a bit then i turned into a raving nutter lol a cup of tea 2 fags laterim was fine.oww well guess what im doing the weekend ......... new posters everywhere

button68
10-01-2008, 09:16 PM
she then said well she is my boss as shuch lol for a bit i didnt know what to say i went red and then started on my soap box saying NO NO NO you are not my boss

Good on you :clapping:

I did this 'Childminding Loud and Proud' course and the one thing she kept drumming into us was that we do not have 'Bosses' and parents do not 'Employ' us to look after their children and they do not pay out 'Wages'. We provide a SERVICE and they pay a FEE for that service!:D

miffy
10-01-2008, 09:33 PM
The cheeky c*w!!

You'll be better off without her - but well done for socking it to her - hope she has time to think about what she said.

Good luck and I hope you get some nicer parent soon

Miffy xx

Trouble
11-01-2008, 07:17 PM
i would not do this but if you have to charge her alot more than 40p a mile so she wont ask you again what about 90p a mile:clapping: :clapping:

berkschick
11-01-2008, 09:37 PM
What a bad attitude that woman has!

Well done for standing up for yourself.

M Dad appears to be a bit like that, thinks he is my boss. Time will tell if I am right or not!

Love

Debbie

deeb66
12-01-2008, 04:55 PM
What a cheek!!!

Well done for saying no and standing your ground.

By the sounds of it you will be better off without them.

I still can't believe the nerve of the woman!!!!

sar
14-01-2008, 04:17 PM
well i had the little boy today and on the weekend mum now had decided he will go to a childminder 1 on a monday then childminder 2 on tuesday back to childminder 1 on wednesday childminder 2 thursday and me on a friday coz dad like the little boy coming to me and thinks i have the best setting out of the other 2 childminders .the only problem is that i live far away from them. I said well i dont think that is very good for the child he isnt going to know where he is and things will get very coffusing for him ,she then started to cry on me and said she wished she had never moved and she knows she was out of order the other day .WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NOW i can only just about sort my own family out i havent got time to be a agany aunt as well:jump for joy:

berkschick
14-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh no, poor you! Do you charge extra for being an agony aunt?! ;)

To be honest, it would be one of the first things I thought about before I moved.

If they kept him with you just on a Friday, how would you feel about that? It could sop you taking on another child with more hours. And you are right, 3 childminders a week is crazy! I take it they cant find a full time childminder with vacancies nearer to them.

Has she thought about taking a shorter lunch break maybe? Then she could leave work earlier, collect him earlier and be home at a decent time still.

Love

Debbie

LittleMissSparkles
14-01-2008, 04:26 PM
just catchin up with this.....

the cheekey cow !

firstly YOU are your own Boss not her she may pay you to mind her children but how you run your business is none of hers

secondly well done for telling her so as well, i dont think i would have been so polite as you though

thirdly she may have said she was out of order but did you actually get an apology from her

fourthly it doesnt change anything if she did

fifth the poor child passed pillar to post he will not know if he is coming or going will he

and the biggy Quote:

I have asked to day why do thay want me to drop off and i have been told because thay dont want to be out late well

do they really think you do !!!!!!

deeb66
14-01-2008, 04:54 PM
I have to say i don't think sending this poor child to 3 different childminders is the answer.....but then that is only my opinion.

I know things are difficult for them at the moment but if they prefer that he is with you then they really should put themselves out a little for his sake instead of worrying about how late they will be out at night????....

I do hope for this little boys sake that they come up with a better solution

angeldelight
14-01-2008, 04:55 PM
I agree with Dee hope they find a better way around this

Angel xx

Trouble
14-01-2008, 07:07 PM
maybe now she has cried she thinks you will do it because you feel sorry for her

sar
14-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I dont know the little boy is great but quiet demanding little chap, 3 childminders isnt going to do him much good at all. I would love to have him fulltime i think and parents have said he has come on so good since being with me.I know drawing patinting is good but he had no social skill or how to do pretend play, and now his mind is working all the time is great to see him doing things .H e was in a nusery b4 and i know there good but drawing and t.v all day his brain hadnt been switched on to other things. Do you know he had neverhad the sauspans out to make a pretend band its not 1 of my fav acctivitys but i do love watching the kids make sounds and a big noise lol.

berkschick
14-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Would it be an option for Mum or Dad to slightly adjust their working hours so that they can collect him slightly earlier and therefore still be home at a decent time? Maybe one could start slightly earlier while the other drops kids off then they could finish slightly earlier and be able to collect. Or have a reduced lunch and leave work earlier? That way he could stay with you. It would be a shame for them to move him as he is obviously coming on really well in your care.

Love

Debbie

ruby
14-01-2008, 09:27 PM
we agree 3 childminder is going to be very confusing for the little boy as he will have 3 differnt sets of house rules ,routines etc
we am sure that if they thought about it they could could up with something better as debbie said they may be able to reduce hours early lunch etc.

we think it's a cheek for the parents to say they are you boss cheeky madam
we know how you feel we had it from one 9year old we use to look after
told us that as his mother paid us to look after him he could do what he wanted as he was our boss

needless to say there was much cheering when he left

Cathy and rachel

mummyspice
14-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Poor little fella, it must be so confusing for him:(

chez1373
15-01-2008, 01:00 AM
New to this thread sorry,

Sounds liek your still in a pickel?
I do pick up and drop off but thats only 6miles (dont charge extra)
But think your being taken for a ride its the little boy i feel for and your heart strings!!

Go with what suits you dont do it cause she has shed a few tears on you?? Even though i would end up saying ok as i cant say no and need to do a cse for that lol
Good luck sweetie hope things sort themselfs out xx