PDA

View Full Version : What can we do now????

Dragonfly
16-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Its been quite along holiday and now I'm starting to run out of ideas.
I have alot of children all week ages from 9months to 12years any one give me any new ideas for entertainment activities for mixed ages:eek:

Saranotts
16-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I love Salt dough modelling because even the little one can squidge it in their hands and then at the end I make a handprint with them to give to their parents, the slightly older ones love pressing shapes out of it and the teens love being really creative with it and have made some fantastic models over time. Then of course once it is dry, they can paint them.

In my dining room at the moment we have got a wall full of all their hand prints (using salt dough) all painted in bright colours and they love finding theirs and putting their hands in each others to see if they are bigger or smaller etc and it really makes them feel like they belong.

Hope this helps.

Oooh also I bought a lot of cheap wood frames from Ikea 3 for about £1.29 and they each painted and decorated one and then took photo's of each other to put in them.

Sara

Mrs.L.C
17-08-2008, 02:23 PM
I usualy have a look on the internet for all country parks in the surrounding areas (max hour drive) but obv depends how many you can get in your car and if you drive

Some parents are also happy to bring their childs bike so we can go for a walk and the older children can ride their bike

When theres a large group I try to get out with them so im prob not much help reguarding indoor activities but I guess anything creative.....might be best outdoors but u could get a selection of crafts out and let the children make their own choice of what to make. A while ago we got some cheap wooden spoons and made wooden spoon people. The chidlren could then make puppet theartres with box's

Good luck

elaineg
17-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Asda have some large smart price mugs only 19p we all painted one each last week. Think they have some smart price plates as well, but not sure how much they are.

love Elaine XXX

Dragonfly
17-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Thank you guys very helpful. Done saltdough alot in past but not for a very long time xmas so will do that (i do hand prints in plaster of paris too great fun).Sometimes you do so much and your head just goes blank, so thank you for your good suggestions.:clapping:

miffy
17-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Asda have some large smart price mugs only 19p we all painted one each last week. Think they have some smart price plates as well, but not sure how much they are.

love Elaine XXX

Thanks for that - I think I will be visiting Asda soon :idea:

Saranotts
17-08-2008, 06:34 PM

love Elaine XXX

Oooh that sounds good, what paint did you use?

Thanks

Sara