PDA

View Full Version : Cant believe i've left it this late lol

littlesprogs
16-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Ok i have had a parent ring up asking for before and after school care starting in the new school term. This is not a problem i only want before and after school kids for a while anyway.

But i have done absolutely nothing for eyfs and havent been n any training courses for it because at the time i moved house and couldnt get on any before i moved and then i moved and was heavily pregnant and of course i cant drive and we couldnt manage to get to any. Well now i have realised september is only a few weeks away and i have no idea what it is i am meant to do etc.

HELP!!!!!!!

I will have a read through this section in abit and hopefully things will start to click into place. I do have the eyfs book but it looks scary! There is so much to read and its boring lol!! I could do with buying sarahs book i think but unfortunately i dont have the money until september (typical eh?). I havent even looked at sef yet because i got the letter through from ofsted the week after jayden was born so just filed it away to look at later and havent had chance yet.

I wish i'd done all this before!!!!!!!

littlesprogs
16-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Oh and my inspection is due in September too :angry:

LOOPYLISA
16-08-2008, 01:44 PM
OOPPSS sorry can.t really help you, ive no idea wat im doing myself!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe smeone can come along and help the pair of us x:thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
16-08-2008, 02:06 PM
I thought it was only for under 5's? I haven't done the training either I thought as I was starting with just school age I would be ok

sarah707
16-08-2008, 04:28 PM
I thought it was only for under 5's? I haven't done the training either I thought as I was starting with just school age I would be ok

Eyfs learning and development grids go up to the end of a child's Reception year at school, so if you are looking after children of that age or below, then you do need to show you are meeting the requirements of the eyfs.

BUT... don't forget, you are only doing a few hours a day / week and you are supposed to be working in tandem with other settings and what the child is doing elsewhere...

Nobody is expecting you to go it alone and try to cover everything in the eyfs for each child... :eek:

The eyfs itself is for all childminders with children of all ages, so even if the learning and development bits are not relevant for the ages / stages of children you are looking after, you will still need to show how you meet the Principles of the eyfs in the other 15 areas....

Hope this makes sense - ask again if it doesn't! :D

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Depending on how many hours you are working per day you may not have to do the EYFS

Anything under 2 hours is babysitting

Anything over 2 hours is childminding

If you are doing their homework with them you are following the extended schools and with that EYFS

Dinner is healthy eating and that is EYFS

Walking home is EYFS

I don't think Ofsted will be interested in reception children if you only have them for part of the day

Debbie

Bushpig
17-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Eyfs learning and development grids go up to the end of a child's Reception year at school, so if you are looking after children of that age or below, then you do need to show you are meeting the requirements of the eyfs.

BUT... don't forget, you are only doing a few hours a day / week and you are supposed to be working in tandem with other settings and what the child is doing elsewhere...

Nobody is expecting you to go it alone and try to cover everything in the eyfs for each child... :eek:

The eyfs itself is for all childminders with children of all ages, so even if the learning and development bits are not relevant for the ages / stages of children you are looking after, you will still need to show how you meet the Principles of the eyfs in the other 15 areas....

Hope this makes sense - ask again if it doesn't! :D

Will I need to do EYFS for my little kid who is going to preschool nursery about 3 hours a day from next month, or will the nursery do it?

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2008, 10:55 PM
You will be expected to do it too. Speak to nursery and set your themes alongside theirs and it will be easier to start off with.

Remember it is to be child led..

Debbie

2kidsunder5
18-08-2008, 07:57 AM
A childminder friend of mne will be collecting a little girl from reception class ar 3:15 and then she will be collected by her mum at 5pm. As it is under 2 hours per dya does this then mean that she does not need to follow EYFS?

Diane x

mertonparker
18-08-2008, 08:15 AM
A childminder friend of mne will be collecting a little girl from reception class ar 3:15 and then she will be collected by her mum at 5pm. As it is under 2 hours per dya does this then mean that she does not need to follow EYFS?

Diane x

Hi,
I will be minding two B4 and Aftr sch children as from sept with the same hours so interested in the response the above thread may get.
Thanks
mertonparker.x

littlesprogs
18-08-2008, 10:50 AM
ok so i've had a quick look around the eyfs section of the forum and i THINK i understand lol. Am i right in thinking that nothing is really changing we do the same as we did before but put it under different headings for eyfs instead of b23? and we have to work in partnership with different settings? and follow there themes too?

what age group is eyfs for? is it just under 5's?

mertonparker
18-08-2008, 12:34 PM
ok so i've had a quick look around the eyfs section of the forum and i THINK i understand lol. Am i right in thinking that nothing is really changing we do the same as we did before but put it under different headings for eyfs instead of b23? and we have to work in partnership with different settings? and follow there themes too?

what age group is eyfs for? is it just under 5's?

Hi, The EYFS is for up to August 31st after the child turns 5 yrs old. basically until the end of their reception/first year in school.
hope this helps.

mertonparker.x

littlesprogs
18-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi, The EYFS is for up to August 31st after the child turns 5 yrs old. basically until the end of their reception/first year in school.
hope this helps.

mertonparker.x

yes that does help. Thank you x

Shirlwith3
19-08-2008, 06:44 AM
I ha have pm'd you with a website that does EYFS training really cheap & youdon't ahve to leave the house.

shirl

miffy
19-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Can you post the link Shirl?

Miffy xx

Shirlwith3
19-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Aa asked very nicely here is the link to Training packages

http://training-packages.com/index.php

shirl