PDA

View Full Version : Convince me I need to go to IKEA

miss mopple
15-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Haven't been in 5yrs since I moved too far away from one :(

I'm off to Kent to visit family this weekend and am wondering if I should take a detour via Thurrock on the way home and spend some of the extra dosh 'm working so hard for this Summer hols ;) Well its that or give it to the tax man so I may as well eh :)

Sooooo, whats good in there for minding at the minute? What have you bought lately, practical or just fun :D

angeldelight
15-08-2008, 07:54 AM
YOU NEED TO GO TO IKEA

WHO CARES IF YOU DONT NEED ANYTHING OR WHAT WE HAVE GOT RECENTLY?

YOU WILL STILL FIND YOURSELF A BARGAIN

SO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

Angel xxx

miffy
15-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Five years :eek: you are well in need of a trip!!!!!!!

You're sure to find something you didn't know you needed and you might even get a bargain - when I went a couple of weeks ago I got a spider (for incey wincey) for £0.49 couldn't bring myself to buy the bat for the same price though :panic:

Go on............ you know you want to go :D :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Mrs.L.C
15-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Go Go....I always find something. I brought my little table and chairs from there last year...best buy ever adn some1 on another thread said they do the Hi vis jackets really cheap in IKEA....good for outings/dress up....I think I must go soon and get some

crazybones
15-08-2008, 08:35 AM
I have spent tooooo much in ikea recently. Best buy was my igloo for about £4.50 with some pale blue and polar white fleece blankets about £1.50 each and pale blue cushions about 60p each. Turned it into a lovely soft, quiet area. Great success especially as Will has fell asleep twice in there.

emmadines
15-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Haven't been in 5yrs since I moved too far away from one :(

I'm off to Kent to visit family this weekend and am wondering if I should take a detour via Thurrock on the way home and spend some of the extra dosh 'm working so hard for this Summer hols ;) Well its that or give it to the tax man so I may as well eh :)

Sooooo, whats good in there for minding at the minute? What have you bought lately, practical or just fun :D

hi vis jackets for kids £2.99

fionamal
15-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I so love Ikea, always spend a fortune when I go. Hubby has banned me from going :(

Nix
15-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Mmm I never need convincing!

The new catalogue's out so there'll be loads of new stuff...tempted??

Enjoy:D
Nix,x

Gherkin
15-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Little ones tables and chairs, littl ones cutlery for a £1 and plates, bowls etc, Easel £14 plus all the stuff I want to buy.

GO GO GO and SHOP SHOP SHOP.

LOOPYLISA
15-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Mmm I never need convincing!

The new catalogue's out so there'll be loads of new stuff...tempted??

Enjoy:D
Nix,x

Just got our new catologue yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee x:clapping:

littlesprogs
15-08-2008, 01:48 PM
i have never been to ikea!!

LOOPYLISA
15-08-2008, 02:23 PM
i have never been to ikea!!

You must you must !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x:D

littlesprogs
15-08-2008, 02:34 PM
You must you must !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x:D

i dont think there is one that close to me thats why i have never been.

LOOPYLISA
15-08-2008, 02:39 PM
i dont think there is one that close to me thats why i have never been.

Sorry not sure, we only ever go to croydon :D

Love your pic :thumbsup:

chubbymummy
15-08-2008, 02:42 PM
were off to florida next week to visit our family, b in law is manager at the new store out there so i think we'll be off to the store in florida!!!!

LisaH
15-08-2008, 06:23 PM
I havn't been for ages either cos I can't stand the place on a weekend!!

shame tho because they do have some cracking bargains.:laughing:

Angela234
15-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I also only go rarely but went a couple of weeks ago brought round children's table 2 chairs 2 stools, childrens stainless steel knifes and forks and some more bits for treasure basket

Angela

Monkey1
15-08-2008, 07:18 PM
were off to florida next week to visit our family, b in law is manager at the new store out there so i think we'll be off to the store in florida!!!!

Bit far to bring back a flat pack!!!!!!

I never need convincing. The breakfast/ meatballs are enough to get me there!

Prepared to get skint!....but like you say....you or the tax man:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

caralynd
15-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Ooooh give me a wave, i live near thurrock ikea!!!:)

FizzysFriends
15-08-2008, 07:45 PM
I love Ikea!!!!!

Nicki L
15-08-2008, 09:37 PM
i have never been either! thought they just did furniture lol:blush:

miss mopple
16-08-2008, 07:38 AM
OK, I'm convinced :D

My mum is less than impressed though as it means I'll be leaving her place earlier than she wanted tomorrow, but some things are more important ;)

Is it sad that I'm realy excited :laughing:

samd35
16-08-2008, 08:23 AM
I love Ikea too! Nearest one for me now though is an hour and a half away, but I still go. When I lived in London I was there every other week.
The children's table and chairs are great value, so are cup, plates, spoons.

Take a visit, you definately grab yourself a bargain.

xx