PDA

View Full Version : hummm what to do???

emmadines
14-08-2008, 08:21 PM
my mother in law is having my kids monday eve, their comming for them monday afternoon, now this is where the prob could be...............

i have s (6) tuseday and he's my only one. what can i do with him??? i cant see him free playing, well not on his own for long anyway???? i dont want him to get board as i have him 7-2pm.

any surggestions would be great.

Mrs.L.C
14-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Local play centre/ball pit?

emmadines
14-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Local play centre/ball pit?

but he'd still be on his todd (other then me that is)i just dont want him to get bored

Mrs.L.C
14-08-2008, 09:14 PM
There will be lots of other kids there and there will be so much for him to do, you prob wont even see him. Do a google for local indoor adventure play areas

singlewiththree
14-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Can you not have a mucky craft day something like making "dinosaur" fossils out of plaster of paris which is easier with one child, making "yucky" food like spider cakes or something that you can really only do with one child. I found when I worked in a holiday club with this age group that the boys loved making things that they could eat afterwards. They enjoyed jelly beaches. Put a bun in the middle of the bowl surround it with blue jelly, put a jelly baby on the bun island as though sunbathing and put in one of those umberellas.

Make cocoa buns and tip them out on a plate with licourish (sP) legs and black icing for eyes - spider buns.

Paula

angeldelight
14-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I am sure he will have fun whatever you do with him

Some great ideas from the others

Angel xx

emmadines
14-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Can you not have a mucky craft day something like making "dinosaur" fossils out of plaster of paris which is easier with one child, making "yucky" food like spider cakes or something that you can really only do with one child. I found when I worked in a holiday club with this age group that the boys loved making things that they could eat afterwards. They enjoyed jelly beaches. Put a bun in the middle of the bowl surround it with blue jelly, put a jelly baby on the bun island as though sunbathing and put in one of those umberellas.

Make cocoa buns and tip them out on a plate with licourish (sP) legs and black icing for eyes - spider buns.

Paula

oooooooooo i like those ideas........... more details about them would be great if you have them to hand!!! like do you set the jully 1st (i know its a dumb qustion)

tulip0803
14-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Both my kids used to love Maidstone Museum - especially the dinosaurs and the mummy. Haven't been for 4 years though it used to be free. Is the library still next door? could go to the museum and the library for a cheap day out.
Just looked on the website and there is a story telling session at 10.30 on Tues.

http://www.museum.maidstone.gov.uk/pages/index.asp?area=3

Could then run into a dinosaur topic.

I used to go anywhere that was free. I even used to take the mindees to pets at home to pet the animals - although a few times the animals came home too:rolleyes:

Alibali
15-08-2008, 05:02 PM
You could go swimming if you only have one, He'd love that I'm sure.

LisaH
15-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Thats a great idea, I would love to do that but always have more than 2 under 5's.

Do you have a park nearby? Weather permitting that is!!:)

emmadines
16-08-2008, 06:45 AM
Thats a great idea, I would love to do that but always have more than 2 under 5's.

Do you have a park nearby? Weather permitting that is!!:)

this is the issue. knowing my luck its gonna rain. ive tried to go to the park, small farm shop etc but all i get is torentual down pours.