PDA

View Full Version : Ad Hoc Contract?

katickles
14-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Hi Ladies

I have a lady coming tomorrow to bring her son to meet me. Currently at nursery but mum is wanting him to have a change as he's not liking it.

Anyway she came to meet me & view my setting yesterday & has now arranged a meeting tomorrow.

It was for one day a week, but tonight she called to see about ad hoc care. Not sure if this is going to be in place of the one day or aswell.

What I am wanting to know is what you would write in the contract. I am planning on using a NCMA full contract & was thinking of writing something in the additional notes section, but what would you recommend I write?
Mum knows that if i fill the vacancy then I wouldn't be able to do anything.

She has asked that I get all relevant paperwork ready for tomorrow so just getting everything together now.

x

crazybones
14-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I have a couple of ad hoc contracts using NCMA. I just write my hourly rate and in additional comments state as and when required if spaces are available. Places must be booked in advance and any places booked but not used must be paid for unless I can fill the space at short notice.

Or something along those lines. :laughing:

Trouble
14-08-2008, 07:03 PM
What does Ad Hoc mean?

crazybones
14-08-2008, 07:05 PM
What does Ad Hoc mean?

As and when needed. Not definite days/hours.

Trouble
14-08-2008, 07:13 PM
As and when needed. Not definite days/hours.

thank you for clearing that up annie,:clapping: :clapping:

katickles
14-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks Annie - I'm going along the right tracks then.

Will see if mum wants a perminate day & ad hoc or just ad hoc

:)

miffy
14-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I'd try and "sell" her one permanent day and the possibility of other days as and when needed.

It's hard for children to settle in if they don't know when they are coming - it would be better for her child to have one regular day with you especially if he is already unhappy at nursery.

Good luck - fingers crossed for you

Miffy xx