PDA

View Full Version : contracts - please help me!!!

Nicki L
14-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Hoping somebody out there will be able to help.

Are there any situations where you could get out of a contract without the 4 weeks notice??

The reason i ask is that i have been having a 6 year old and her 11 year old brother for 1.5 hours a day 3 days a week just for the walk to school. As it is school holiday their mum asked if i would have them for the morning while she is at work 7.30-2.30, which i dont mind as it gives me extra money.

The problem is that the 11 year old keeps hitting my dd. I have only had him two full mornings but he has already hit her three times - all on the head with various objects. I have tried to tell him its not acceptable but it doesnt seem to sink in.

I am going to have to have a quiet word with his mum and see what that would do, but if it continues i do not want to have somebody coming into my home hitting my daughter whenever they feel like it - for no amount of money.

In this situation would i be able to terminate the contract immediately. The contract itself is only for the 1.5 hours per morning with the mention of what extra hours would be charged at.

Hope that makes sense and that somebody can help

Nicki
xxx

sarah707
14-08-2008, 06:16 PM
My behaviour management policy says this ... and the 2nd bit is a section in my welcome booklet.

I like to be clear where everyone stands!

Hope it helps :D

Children’s behaviour goals - we have a comprehensive Behaviour Management Policy and we promote positive behaviour by endorsing positive discipline techniques for setting limits and boundaries. Sarah has attended a Behaviour Management course. There are goals and boundaries that all children are expected to follow, for the safety and well being of everyone – they are displayed on the playroom wall and on the conservatory door for outside play.

Gross misconduct - we will contact parents to collect their child if we consider a child is failing to contribute to the safe running of the setting, deliberately causing harm to others or deliberately destructive. This behaviour is not acceptable.

We reserve the right to exclude or immediately terminate a contract in such instances as repeated destructive behaviour, theft, smoking or bringing drugs onto the premises, repeated swearing, fighting and aggression towards adults or other children. This list is not exclusive.

Nicki L
14-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Sarah

Thanks so much for that. I dont have such a clause in my behaviour policy, i am so naive i didnt really think i would ever need it. Maybe its about time i rewrote that particular policy.

Nicki
xxx

mimo
14-08-2008, 06:24 PM
I too have a part in my behaviour contract that states if a childs behaviour is of such an unexceptable satandered that it is affecting the chilren in my care i have the right to withdraw care with immediate effect.

Have a word with his mum and tell her tht if he is to keep hitting /hurting another child you will withdraw your care of him .Perhaps get her to sign a slip stating that then you will be covered.
good luck

miffy
14-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Good luck with this Nicki - hope you can put a stop to his behaviour - your own family come first.

Miffy xx