PDA

View Full Version : Just bought some body fat scales

manjay
09-01-2008, 02:48 PM
the only problem is they are saying overload before I have even got on! Do you think they are trying to tell me something. I have read the instructions and it just says maximum weight has been exceeded! Will have to have another look later when I have more time

amanda xx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 02:53 PM
haha thats funny

god knows what they would do if i got on them then ha

have fun and let us know if they DO WORK

angel xx

manjay
09-01-2008, 02:55 PM
haha thats funny

god knows what they would do if i got on them then ha

have fun and let us know if they DO WORK

angel xx

Perhaps they are being kind and they do not want me to suffer by knowing the body fat answer! I will keep you posted

amanda xx

Spangles
09-01-2008, 02:57 PM
I've got a set too which reads at 35% first thing in the morning (which is NOT good!) but apparently you are meant to do it mid-afternoon because you awake dehydrated so the reading is high.

Trouble is I never remember or have time to do it mid-afternoon!

sarah707
09-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Amanda - you don't need them! You're not fat like me! You do not have a roll of tummy that nothing will hold in...

They are malfunctioning because you are too thin to use them :laughing:

Spangles
09-01-2008, 03:10 PM
It's really good to have these scales because even very slim people can have a lot of internal fat around their organs because of the food they eat or used to eat (apparently!)

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 03:37 PM
my mum told my nan to buy me one of these a couple of years ago for christmas, i took them back to the shop, got the money and put it in the electric meter lol, as i said to my mum i know i'm fat and i don't need a bl**dy machine telling how much fat i've got :D

amanda they're probably faulty cause you've got hardly any fat lol, they're used to big gals using them :laughing:

xx

button68
09-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Amanda - you don't need them! You're not fat like me! You do not have a roll of tummy that nothing will hold in...

Spanx!! - http://www.figleaves.com/uk/brand.asp?brand=309

They hold anything/everything in :rolleyes: Before Christmas I only wore them for special occasions, since Christmas I've been wearing them on a daily basis :blush:

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 03:52 PM
They look good Mandy

Where does it all go - you know the fat that they hold in ? ha

They look really really tight to get on to are they ? I can imagine shifting a stone after trying to get them on

Angel xx

button68
09-01-2008, 05:38 PM
They look good Mandy

Where does it all go - you know the fat that they hold in ? ha

They look really really tight to get on to are they ? I can imagine shifting a stone after trying to get them on

Angel xx

I buy the ones that start at your bra and end mid thigh :eek: so fat doesn't squish out anywhere it just squishes in, iyswim. I reckon you lose about half a dress size so a tight 14 becomes a wearable 14 ;)

Even without the dress size reduction wearing them gives you a 'cleaner line' so your clothes just look better anyway.

manjay
09-01-2008, 06:15 PM
my mum told my nan to buy me one of these a couple of years ago for christmas, i took them back to the shop, got the money and put it in the electric meter lol, as i said to my mum i know i'm fat and i don't need a bl**dy machine telling how much fat i've got :D

amanda they're probably faulty cause you've got hardly any fat lol, they're used to big gals using them :laughing:

xx

But I haven't even got on them! I did just need some new scales and had seen these ones advertised at half price in Lloyds pharmacy so thought it was a good deal.

Not so sure now as they are obviously faulty so will have to take them back

amanda xx

LittleAcorns
10-01-2008, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE=Lorri;22189]I've got a set too which reads at 35% first thing in the morning (which is NOT good!) but apparently you are meant to do it mid-afternoon because you awake dehydrated so the reading is high.

QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhh I didnt know that, mine says 40%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked at the gym, at for my age it should be 23% erm, me thinks I have a way to go

LittleAcorns
10-01-2008, 06:59 AM
But I haven't even got on them! I did just need some new scales and had seen these ones advertised at half price in Lloyds pharmacy so thought it was a good deal.

Not so sure now as they are obviously faulty so will have to take them back
xx

Let us know how you get on, Ive got some of those ones, bought thema week or 2 ago :laughing:

manjay
10-01-2008, 12:38 PM
My info leaflet says for best results to weigh yourself at night and that 21-33% is healthy for a woman aged between 20-39

Hubby has taken them back today to change them.

amanda xx

miffy
10-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Don't think I'll buy any of these - sounds scary!!

But are you allowed more fat as you get older??

Miffy xx

manjay
10-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Don't think I'll buy any of these - sounds scary!!

But are you allowed more fat as you get older??

Miffy xx

Haha, not much. 23-34% for 40-59 year olds.

amanda xx

ajs
10-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Spanx!! - http://www.figleaves.com/uk/brand.asp?brand=309

They hold anything/everything in :rolleyes: Before Christmas I only wore them for special occasions, since Christmas I've been wearing them on a daily basis :blush:

they are the ones that were featured on how to look good naked my hubby offered to buy me some i offered him a clip round the ear

manjay
10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
It's official I have too much body fat!! Think I maybe knew that already! having said that both my BMI and body fat are only one point over the normal so with a bit of work I sould be able to get back to normal. (I just mean normal weight, not normal normal!)

Also made me feel better when hubby got on and he is as thin as a rake and yet he was three points over normal haha

amanda xx

Spangles
10-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh, I better get started with the exercise then because I'm 36 years old and my fat content is over the maximum for my age range! What a porker! I'm over a third fat!

I want to be mid-range! Ha ha!

LittleAcorns
11-01-2008, 10:01 PM
My info leaflet says for best results to weigh yourself at night and that 21-33% is healthy for a woman aged between 20-39

Hubby has taken them back today to change them.

amanda xx
ohhhhh thats interesting, I think ive gone down by 1%, so 39% now oooops