PDA

View Full Version : planning??????

devoncm
14-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Ok ive got new mindee starting september so im thinking of themes and things to do with her, she's 4 but in 5-8 group as full time school.
I thought id plan things monthly and as she's new i thought september can be 'all about me' so i get to know her and she has fun, bow do i go about long medium and short term planning? and how do i cover all the areas?
How much planning do i need to do for her being she is after school?

sarah707
14-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Great idea for a theme to start with!

For before and after school children, you aim to complement what they are doing elsewhere... and you might find she is shattered especially in the early days and not wanting to do much.

Lots of colouring and drawing pictures, let her write her special words and you scribe them, sticking and gluing, taking catalogues apart to find favourite toys, ask parents for photos for 'me when I was a baby' or photo of mummy and daddy, my favourite people... have fun! :D

devoncm
14-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Thanks Sarah, yes i wasnt going to overload in the beginning as she has just started, i was going to arrange it so its not like learning and will be very much led by her so i can see when she gets tired. I like the idea of sticking and gluing from catalogues.

I am trying to plan things for every month, i will do 6months then think of activities for each day/every other day -will this be enough on the planning or do i have to add more?

miffy
14-08-2008, 11:08 AM
I put a thread in the activity section with some ideas for an "all about me" book - don't know if you've seen that

Miffy xx

sarah707
14-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I am trying to plan things for every month, i will do 6months then think of activities for each day/every other day -will this be enough on the planning or do i have to add more?

I woudn't go further than the 1st month for now... find out what she enjoys doing from making the book together and follow her interests.

The reception child I mind enjoys tagging on the end of any themes I've done with pre-schoolers during the day, helping with cooking, playing with her skipping rope and in the garden generally...

Plus when you start thinking about all the multicultural celebrations you can enjoy together, you'll be busy enough for a couple of hours a day! :D

devoncm
14-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Ok thanks.