PDA

View Full Version : The parents speak out......

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 09:22 AM
I have just had a quick look on another forum (a sin i know!!!!!) and cant believe the amount of parents on there who just dont get it!!

Only had a brief look and although some of them had appalling stories of the way they or their children had been treated, the others were giving them awful advice!!

The way some of them also talk about the 'great childminders' is equally poor. i know i shouldnt be surprised after having heard many bad tales for your experiences but i read and just got so angry- it was a good job i am not a member or i would have wrote some comments back.

'i dont want to pay my childminder her hols anymore'
eeeeerrrrrrr YOU SIGNED THE CONTRACT SAYING YOU WILL!!!!

'My childminder goes on too many training days'
SHE SOUNDS LIKE AN UP TO DATE AND INFORMED CM

'my cm has informed me she is pregnant and will take 2 months maternity starting in feb' ERR IS THAT ALL!!!!
advice given- sack her with immediate effect, she will be breaking your contract to provide childcare till the end of the school year 2009

I WAS COMPLETELY GOBSMACKED ON THIS LAST ONE!!!!!

Bushpig
14-08-2008, 09:29 AM
What terrible advice, yes! :eek:

Is this on mumsnet? I look in there now and again too. Found it before this forum actually, and this one wins hands down :)

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Not mums net no

emmadines
14-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I have just had a quick look on another forum (a sin i know!!!!!) and cant believe the amount of parents on there who just dont get it!!

Only had a brief look and although some of them had appalling stories of the way they or their children had been treated, the others were giving them awful advice!!

The way some of them also talk about the 'great childminders' is equally poor. i know i shouldnt be surprised after having heard many bad tales for your experiences but i read and just got so angry- it was a good job i am not a member or i would have wrote some comments back.

'i dont want to pay my childminder her hols anymore'
eeeeerrrrrrr YOU SIGNED THE CONTRACT SAYING YOU WILL!!!!

'My childminder goes on too many training days'
SHE SOUNDS LIKE AN UP TO DATE AND INFORMED CM

'my cm has informed me she is pregnant and will take 2 months maternity starting in feb' ERR IS THAT ALL!!!!
advice given- sack her with immediate effect, she will be breaking your contract to provide childcare till the end of the school year 2009

I WAS COMPLETELY GOBSMACKED ON THIS LAST ONE!!!!!

the last ones reply form me would be, what do you want this woman to do?? give birth whilst minding you children. were not in the rice field you know,.

grrrrr what do these ppl want??? blood???:angry:

Pedagog
14-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Maybe we should all join this other "forum" and enlighten them.:)

mimo
14-08-2008, 10:34 AM
:D I agree with charlotte let us know which one and we will all join and enlighten them all.

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I only took out the site name as i realised anyone can read this bit and didnt want to get beaten up!!
should have put it in members only!

emmadines
14-08-2008, 10:42 AM
can you post the link in private area then???? ive looked but cant find it

p.s ive joined lol

Pedagog
14-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Maybe yes, or you could PM us:)

sarah707
14-08-2008, 10:48 AM
I can move the thread for you but some of the members who are reading and commenting will not be able to see it in full members.

Perhaps giving out more information by pm is a good idea.

I would advise against anyone getting into arguments on forums ... I know of many cases where people deliberately say contentious things to wind other people up. They get some sort of strange pleasure from it... so I never join in because I don't want to give them the satisfaction.

emmadines
14-08-2008, 10:57 AM
I can move the thread for you but some of the members who are reading and commenting will not be able to see it in full members.

Perhaps giving out more information by pm is a good idea.

I would advise against anyone getting into arguments on forums ... I know of many cases where people deliberately say contentious things to wind other people up. They get some sort of strange pleasure from it... so I never join in because I don't want to give them the satisfaction.

I agree I have no actual interest in starting arguments but we have a right to put our points of views across. like a fiend of mine has said to me on occations. "some ppl look down on childminders" childminding is a job in its own right is it not?

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Thats why i didnt bother joining in. There were already a couple of CM's on there having a good go!

i just couldnt believe the arguements that were going on - nothing like here where everyone is at least civil even if not agreeing!!
There it was a free for all slanging match and not something i want to get involved in.

Simply dont understandwhy some ppl think it all has to go there way- they kept saying 'i've employed her' etc and shes not doing as i say! i thought CM's were self employed and an agreement is reached via contract that both parties stick too. they were changing things as they felt like it.

Hope i dont get one of these parents.

miffy
14-08-2008, 11:02 AM

Good advice Sarah :)

Miffy xx

Pedagog
14-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I won't start a fight, I just like to have the option of putting people straight were needed.:)

emmadines
14-08-2008, 11:07 AM
I won't start a fight, I just like to have the option of putting people straight were needed.:)

:laughing: :laughing:
sorry it made me giggle, i dont actually know why

deeb66
14-08-2008, 11:29 AM
I agree with Sarah.

As much as you may want to put your point of view across history tells us it will only end up in a them against us situation and could get a little out of hand.

The best way to deal with these sort of people is to ignore them and rise above them and let them get on with their small lives.

:)

Pedagog
14-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I know:rolleyes: , I will be good don't worry.

Actually just made a couple of light hearted posts so far, found nothing yet that others are not handling well on their own.

mimo
14-08-2008, 12:58 PM
how did you find the site .I could do with going on it to toughen me up before one of my parents phones me tonight to moan about her bill :D
It might stop me from caving in when i realise how ungratful they are

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 01:00 PM
googled childminding forum and under this one was that one (iyswim)

mimo
14-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks i will have a go .:D at finding the site i mean:laughing:

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 01:07 PM
In all honesty the childminding bit wasnt the worst. Theres a section to dicuss pregnancy and in the 'unplanned' bit loads of guys have been linched for daring to give their stories! ie Ex is preg and i dont want her to have it or we didnt use a condom but i think she tricked me into having a baby etc.

mimo
14-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Go the site just cant seem to use it must be looking in the wrong part of the forum all the posts i seem to find are either childminder has vacencies or from ages ago .HO hum thats my afternoon fun gone:D

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 01:27 PM
A lot of the ones i read were really old too. Also even though they have topic headings they dont seem to really stick to it so its worth looking at lots of different ones too. you are in the right place tho from what i remember!

mimo
14-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Just shows how good this site is though and easy to use think i will stick with you lovely lot:jump for joy:

Minstrel
14-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Hear Hear!!

Alibali
14-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Gosh I'm intrigued! I wonder why these people use childminders if they don't like the service they receive?

Mollymop
14-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I try not to look on these sites. I did the other week for the first time and I felt so angry and upset - everyone going on about "sack them" etc, and talking as if childminders are employed by them really gets my back up - the other one that annoyed me was titled "childminding, a way to print your own money" or something similar - they were going on about how much they were having to pay for a childminder - £2 per hour (2000), "i find this disgusting, bla, bla!"

LisaH
14-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm definately staying away from there!! I hate anyone slating the hard work we do!!!

Already had a row with someone on facebook today. Lol:)

chez1373
14-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Could someone please PM me the web address please i want to go have a look an see whats been said..

Thanks

Cheryl