PDA

View Full Version : large ad in window

ruthkingshott
13-08-2008, 09:32 PM
if you live in terrace house do you need to pay business if you have very large ad in window , neighbour has one I thought this was against advice for child protection?

Bushpig
13-08-2008, 09:42 PM
if you live in terrace house do you need to pay business if you have very large ad in window , neighbour has one I thought this was against advice for child protection?

Hmmm... I would not want to advertise I have kids inside myself.

charleyfarley
13-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Must admit when we lived in army quarters I did have a A4 poster in my window to advertise but only army personel (sp) saw it.

I really wouldn't do it now though

Can't say if you can or can't do it, hopefully someone else can let you know

Carol xx

Chatterbox Childcare
13-08-2008, 11:42 PM
Not heard this one before

Check with Ofsted - they will soon tell you enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Debbie

sarah707
14-08-2008, 06:36 AM
I wouldn't put an ad in my window... hello! i'm on my own in the house with children... come on in...! :panic:

miffy
14-08-2008, 06:43 AM
I wouldn't advise advertising you are home alone with young children.

Miffy xx

Pedagog
14-08-2008, 06:51 AM
There are several childminders around here with large signs in their front gardens, or large transfers on their cars that are parked on their driveways.

I suppose its a balance between advertising to customers and letting perverts know you have lots of kids.

angeldelight
14-08-2008, 06:56 AM
I dont do it but I do see others that do

Same with the car - if its parked on your drive

Angel xx

devoncm
14-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Ive occasionally had an ad in my window, when ofsted inspector came round she just said ooh i see your advertising does that mean you have no children? she didnt say anything about it not being allowed.

crazybones
14-08-2008, 08:18 AM
I have a advert in the window. I have had 2 people sign up after seeing it and knocking. Its extremely faded now though and need to come down.

emmadines
14-08-2008, 09:36 AM
I have one in my window (along with "eggs for sale" poster too lol) Im on a school run so I thought it will halp. when I have children in the house (got to admit only when its minded children) I dont open the door. I talk through the window.

I think if your careful then there shouldnt be a problem..... plus my other half is a shift worker so some days he's here and the others he's not.

LisaH
14-08-2008, 07:58 PM
I live in a cul-de-sac so no point for me anyway. But to be honest i wouldnt.

I do have a sticker in the back of my car but it isnt parked right outside of my house.

Pudding Girl
14-08-2008, 08:03 PM
I have one on my gate, everyone soon realises you are a minder and are obviously alone with children ( plus whats diff between being a mum at home alone with kids?) I think it's sheer madness and an over reaction to worry about it personally, sorry!
As long as you are in a secure house and take the precautions you should be taking anyway - then you have no need to worry.

ruthkingshott
14-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the good advice not worried just some of my neighbours have askled me