PDA

View Full Version : Help please DHC Unit 2 Cache Assignment

hayley285
13-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Hello

I'm afraid I have hit a brick wall after my 3rd attempt to complete this assignment. I have come to the conclusion I don't actually understand what question A wants from me.

Evaluate the impact of recent and relevant research on children's rights in relation to practice.

If anybody can but this into child speak for me and kick me in the right direction I would be so grateful. It's my last assigment for this unit then only unit 5 to go but after tonight I am so disheartend don't want to do any more at the moment. :(

sarah707
13-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Children's rights ... Every Child Matters agenda and United Nations convention on the rights of the child...

Impact ... improved outcomes for each child via the range of measures implemented by them.

http://www.everychildmatters.gov.uk/uncrc/

http://www.unicef.org/crc/

hope there's something in there you can use until someone with more recent experience comes along! :D

Heaven Scent
14-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Is this the title of the assignment or is it the final criteria of the assignment brief?

What Sarah has sent to you is very relevant but I will just add when you talk about childrens rights you must include the fact that with every right that a child has we must remember to teach them that they have a responsibility to match and they need to learn from an early age how to enjoy all of their rights and how to take responsibility for their actions. Don't harp on about the childs responsibilites just mention it in a short paragraph.

Give a brief discription of what happened to Victoria Climbie and raise the question if the Green Paper Every Child Matters and the legislation that has been put in place is as a result is enough and if it is why are we still hearing of so many similar cases e.g. the couple who raped the 9 week old baby at the end of 2006 for example - If you go on any of the newspaper sites and enter something like child abuse you should find some similar cases where the system has let these poor children down while at the same time not far down the road a vey respectable couple are being called to task because they chose to slap their child for doing something dangerous and a nosey neighbour reported them or something along those lines.

I hope this is of some help its late and I'm tired so sorry can't think.

Pipsqueak
14-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Don't forget the United Nations 42 rights of the child.

hayley285
14-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Thank you all so much have a much clearer head today and hopefully will finish this assignment this evening determined not to let it beat me.

Thanks again to all of you that helped me.

Hayley
x:)

elaineg
14-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi, I wrote about Jamies School dinners how it impacted on the government, found loads of info on internet about it, then I just says why and how I implement healthy eating into the practice. If you need any info on this let me know.

love Elaine XXX

Heaven Scent
19-08-2008, 06:54 PM
How did you get on - did you manage to finish it?