PDA

View Full Version : I am so cross with myself

custardcream
09-01-2008, 01:23 PM
As the title says I am so CROSS with myself. As i have said before I have a baby just one day a week,which i have spoken to mum about cos i dont feel that it is enough time with me, he screams when he is out of my sight. Today was the first day back with him since christmas and i have been dreading it, well it has been as expected so far, he has screamed and screamed, wont take his bottle plus he is full of cold, other mindees have been fed up with the noise. Well he has just fell asleep (with me rocking him in his pram) and so have other 2 mindees, and I have just sat down on here with a cup of tea and a CAKE. I am so fed up now cos i really was being good on my diet and i cant believe that i have caved in.
Think it will be salad for dinner tonight. lol

mrsbumbles
09-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Your entitled to have one little hiccup in your diet, just make sure you get back on track now, and all will be well. I,ve just weighed myself for the first time in ages and im disheartend, i need to loose over two stone.But along with you guys i am determind to do it, ready for the summer.

sarah707
09-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Of course you've had a cake! You've been dealing with a screaming baby all morning and you deserve a blooming cake!

Eat it with no guilt at all - all that pacing the floor with a screamer will have worked off loads of calories this morning... :D

Sarsar3NCH
09-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Put it down to stress and start again tomorrow. My problem is I can think of an excuse for every day of the week lol :laughing: :laughing:

Sarah

custardcream
09-01-2008, 01:33 PM
I think you might be right sarah, I feel like I have walked miles this morning and havent even left the house. I dont feel so bad now.lol

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 01:35 PM
If this baby really is so bad though are you going to continue

Do you remember that baby I had for a day or two sometimes last year?
He drove me mad and I really really tried to be patient

The problem was that the parents picked him up all the time

By the time he had settled at the end of the day - well if he did then he would have to wait a whole week to see me again

You really need to think of yourself I really feel for you

I have a screaming baby now but it is a different way although I still find it demanding it is better because she is here every day

Maybe you should think of yourself and your family and end the contract like I did??

Hugs to you

Angel xx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I hardly think one cake is going to break your diet- hope you enjoyed it though and I am sitting here feeling a bit jealous now haha

Angel xx

custardcream
09-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Yes i did enjoy it Angel, it was a pecan nut danish and it tasted lovely. lol

I spoke to mum about baby before christmas as i felt that not only is it hard and awful for me, it is very destressing for the baby.I only took him on because it was supposed to have developed into 2 or 3 days per week but that has never happened, 1 day per week for a baby is just not enough, he has forgotten me by the time the next week comes around.
I think i am going to see how the rest of this month goes (i will keep the cakes locked up) because i cant carry on dreading wednesdays.

sarah707
09-01-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm starting to think that about the baby I look after Angel - lovely family, absolutely gorgeous 2 year old brother, best and fastest payers, can't do enough to make me happy.... but he screams and screams and screams and the other children are getting fed up...

My son has dubbed him 'Sir screamalot', dd keeps disappearing to her room so I'm missing her after school stories, little E (aged 5) said the other day 'I hate that baby, I can't hear you read me stories when he's here' and M, who's just 4, walked around with her fingers in her ears most of yesterday afternoon saying 'shut up, shut up' under her breath...

I felt awful yesterday but I ended up putting him strapped safely in his buggy in front of the tv while I made lunch because I'd tried everything else, I had to put him down to cook and the noise was relentless... I just needed a break for 10 minutes while I made sandwiches.

Hmmm, some thinking to do... sorry hun hijacked your thread... I had a cream cake for lunch so can't say anything to you, now can I?!?!? :rolleyes:

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Poor you Sarah

You also can not carry on like that but it is worse for you if you also mind the brother

The children who I were minding at the time of the screaming baby were going home and telling their moms they had a bad head etc due to this baby - I felt so bad about it

We could get nothing done on the day he was here either it was unfair to us all

Although most weeks he only came a day it really did feel like a week - I used to sit there and feel like crying

It really was the best thing I have ever done and I felt mean ending the contract but I am so glad that I did

The little baby is 18ths now and I do see him out with his mom sometimes
He came to our christmas party with all the other children
OMG he did not stop crying
We turned the music up to drown out his screaming in the end

I am so glad I do not have him any longer

Custardcream and Sarah you really need to think about it for YOURSELF

Angel xx

custardcream
09-01-2008, 01:54 PM
It is awful is`nt it Sarah. He is still asleep and it is bliss but I am dreading him waking up, he is here till 5 tonight so i have just very quickly prepared familys dinner for tonight being so careful not to make a noise. lol
My hubby says to give notice but I really hate doing that.I just hope things improve soon.

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 01:59 PM
You might hate doing it but think of the peace - think of yourself and your family and the other children

Angel xx

sarah707
09-01-2008, 01:59 PM
I keep hoping he'll grow up and stop!

I'm trying to do baby signing with him in case it's a frustration thing, but he's screaming so much I don't think he's watching...

He's 1 in March.... and back tomorrow - just gone up to 3 days a week :panic:

Cammie Doodle
09-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh Girls, glad its not just me , but My "Screamer" has come back after Christmas a different child (thank God) She is 18mths (feels longer lol:laughing: ) She is still tempermental but not screaming. Thinking of all of you with SCREAMERS. At least we can vent on here with peolpe who understand ;)

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Poor you June

Maybe we are just all unlucky ?

Are you on a diet if not go and have a cream cake haha

Angel xx