PDA

View Full Version : Help with planning please :-(

2kidsunder5
13-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi all

I think I am getting myself in a tizzy about planning - is it realy this complicated :(

At the moment I look after a 16 month old 2 days a week. We have a routine for both of these days which is as follows:

Arrives 8:30 - either school run or in holidays free play.

Breakfast 9am

9 - 10 Free play and nappy change.

10 - 12 sleeps

12 -1 Dinner

In the afternoon we either go to a playgroup or childminder drop in or we may have stories, or go out to the park or farm or I may go shopping with him.

That basicaly is his day with me. It's pretty much the same every week.

Am I supposed to show this in a plan?

I keep reading about all these complicated long term plans and medium plans and sort term plans :panic: :panic: :panic:

I have no idea where to start :(

HELP !!!!
Diane x

Sorry I forgot to say - I do have older children that I mind and during the holidays I do a plan of what we are doing and where we are going each day.

sarah707
13-08-2008, 03:14 PM
For a 16 month old I do a routine... like you've typed out here.

Your planning will be taken straight from observations of what he enjoys, his schemas, things his parents say to you...

don't make it too complicated for yourself or it's not sustainable.

Hope this helps! :D

2kidsunder5
13-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi Sarah (again :) )

So basically I just type out my usual routine for him for the days I have him ?

I have been to speak wth his nursery today which I will go into in more detail later but they were great and we will certainly be working together I am able to link into any thmese they have and they will let me have any planning info to so at least I can work with that.

I was thinking (sorry, waffeling now) I would have my daily routine and also a plan for the month of any themes / topics - but how do I link it to EYFS, this is the bit that confuses me? Do I link them to the 4 themes, a unique child etc or do I link them to the the 6 areas of learning and dev?

It seems one min I understand it all then the next my brain goes to mush and I have no idea :(

Diane

sue m
13-08-2008, 04:26 PM
You and me both Diane!

2kidsunder5
13-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Must have some thing to do with use being registered a the same time Sue !! :laughing:

sarah707
13-08-2008, 04:59 PM
We don't need to use themes and things for under 3s... they are too young and would not appreciate our hard work.

Have you read this??

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/resources/downloads/planningfrombirth.pdf