PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus scenarios

Mouse
11-09-2020, 07:12 AM
I’ve been trying to make sense of the flowcharts I’ve seen showing what to do if a child has coronavirus symptoms but I’m getting myself confused!

Can anyone tell me what would happen in these situations? Do I exclude the child, how long for, what if they have a test? When do I have to close and when can I stay open?

a) I, or someone in my household show symptoms?
If it was me, I’d close and get a test? If negative, could I reopen? If positive, close and give details of children to track & trace?
If it was someone in my family showing symptoms, they’d get tested. When would I have to close?

b) Someone I have been in contact with tests positive. I only close if track and trace contact me? What if someone I have been in contact with develops symptoms but hasn’t been tested? Can I stay open?

c) The older sibling of a child I look after is sent home from school and told to isolate for 2 weeks either because someone at their school has tested positive or because they have symptoms themselves. I don’t look after this older sibling, only the younger pre-school aged one. Can I still have the younger sibling?

d) Someone in the child’s household has symptoms. Can the child still come? They test negative - child ok to come? They test positive- child excluded?

If anyone can help I’d very much appreciate it :D

moggy
11-09-2020, 08:38 AM
Google Pacey covid flow chart for a free one about if CM has symptoms
If you are a Pacey member they have more posters to download which covers all this.

moggy
11-09-2020, 08:44 AM
When to self-isolate and what to do - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - NHS (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/)

FussyElmo
12-09-2020, 06:31 AM
Well depending on who you ring depends in whether or not it's a symptom or you can get a test. Shortage of tests is not helping matters at the moment.

A you have to close until a negative test or symptoms have gone

B if track and trace contact you its 14 day's regardless of a begative test so you have close. If a member of your family is contacted by track and trace then the best advice we have is to contact your local public health team

Contacts: PHE health protection teams - GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/contacts-phe-health-protection-teams)

C yes you can have the child if its because of being in contact however if the older child has symptoms they have to isolate until the older child has a negative test and symptoms gone.

D yes if a mindees family has symptoms its isolation until the test is negative and symptoms have gone.

Upto today of course I give no guarantee it won't change

Mouse
15-09-2020, 03:13 PM
Thanks both.

I think I've got it straight in my mind now.

Typically DS's girlfriend has developed symptoms, but can't get a test. She hasn't been to the house and DS hasn't seen her for a few days so I think we're OK. If I've got it right, DS doesn't need to do anything unless she gets a positive test...then we'll just panic :rolleyes:

loocyloo
15-09-2020, 04:33 PM
It's very confusing!

My neighbours children have slight colds ... runny nose, sneezing, but because one had a temperature yesterday, they've had to get a test. Neighbour said they'd got a postal one ... but no idea how long that takes. Children now running round, full of beans and asking to go to school!

I'm half tempted to get a couple of home testing things 'just in case' (to be ready) but I don't think it works like that!