PDA

View Full Version : A business name

Maza
02-09-2020, 04:34 PM
Do you have a business name?

I'm thinking I might choose one for advertising purposes/facebook page, as I don't always like having my own name out there.

Do I just decide on one and then start using it? Is it as easy as that?

Sorry for my ignorance!

loocyloo
02-09-2020, 05:50 PM
Do you have a business name?

I'm thinking I might choose one for advertising purposes/facebook page, as I don't always like having my own name out there.

Do I just decide on one and then start using it? Is it as easy as that?

Sorry for my ignorance!

YEP! ... I think it is as easy as that!

Although, thinking about it, you might need to tell your LA and maybe Ofsted, but I don't think it matters! One of the forms I filled in recently for my LA asked for my business name and 'my' name.

I wondered about having a business name, but, I decided to just use my name, as that is what everyone knows me as! Apart from my childminding facebook page, (which is linked to DHs account) I don't have facebook myself, nor any other social media.

Pixie dust
02-09-2020, 08:18 PM
I used to have a business name but never really used it and people always found me via my name anyway so thats all I use now plus I am the only childminder in my village so I am easy to find. My facebook/instagram page is my name plus my village. Most of my work comes via word of mouth or Facebook.

Mouse
03-09-2020, 06:34 AM
I have a business name that I use for social media and advertising, but everything official is in my own name. I’m registered with Ofsted in my own name, my HMRC and business bank accounts are in my own name and all my dealings with the LA (funding, training etc) are in my own name. Nothing is officially registered with my business name.

Like you, I prefer to keep my identity to myself. A recent FB post on my business page had over 500 views. I don’t know who those people are and I don’t particularly want them knowing who or where I am!

moggy
03-09-2020, 05:05 PM
Depends if you can find a really good, unique name. There are so many Little Stars, Mucky Pups, Little Acorns etc etc! Easily forgotten, or mixed up. People just want to know who is that?!

loocyloo
03-09-2020, 07:30 PM
There are so few minders in my area, that we are all known by our real names.
One does have a business name, but no one has ever mentioned it when saying they have spoken to her.