PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Poster - Why?

Maza
31-08-2020, 10:54 AM
As we all know, we have to have the Ofsted poster on display. I always show parents my insurance certifiacate, first aid certificate etc etc and they are self explanatory. But what do you actually say about the Ofsted poster? I usually say that it gives them information about how to contact Ofsted if they have any concerns about their childcare or if they wish to make a complaint about me. I showed a family the poster the other day and we all had a polite giggle about me telling them how to complain before we had even started anything. Then, after the meeting I decided not to offer them a space (long story) and sent them an email explaining why. Nothing dodgy, just wasn't going to work for me. Then I had a mad moment thinking oh no, what if they put in a complaint about me and I put the idea in their head and showed them how to do it! ( They didn't they were lovely about it.)

Just out of interest, what do you say when you show the parents the Ofsted poster?

moggy
31-08-2020, 02:01 PM
I do not actively 'show' them. It is in my portfolio folder that new parents flick through when visiting. It is on my entrance hall wall. Having a poster like that is an outdated idea anyway- I think most parents would just google to contact Ofsted!

Maza
31-08-2020, 02:28 PM
Exactly - I did say that they could find it all out online anyway.

Yes, it used to be in my portfolio too, but I didn't want parents to have to flick through/touch my folder, so I had took the important bits out and had them spread out on the garden table so that they could just look at them. `

Dragonfly
31-08-2020, 04:19 PM
It’s on my porch wall but I never point it out.