PDA

View Full Version : CoronaVirus - Sand, Playdough etc

mumofone
26-05-2020, 03:19 PM
Are you removing things like sand, mud, playdough etc from your setting due to CoronaVirus now?

FussyElmo
26-05-2020, 03:49 PM
No i will provide it in single trays so the children dont have to share

Dragonfly
26-05-2020, 03:58 PM
Depends. If I only have the same 3= children all week won’t remove it. If an extra child comes on a day I will remove it.if that makes sense.

loocyloo
26-05-2020, 05:40 PM
I have only had playdough out for the one child who is interested in it at the moment! ( made fresh for that child and then either put away to keep for that child/sent home/put in bin ! )

If I have several children then they'll have their own, in their own trays and I have enough tools etc for everyone to choose a few and then not share. BUT they will, because they've all be taught to share!

my sand is cleaned with sterilising solution at the end of each days play.

my water tray is emptied out at the end of each day ( and starts the day warm with washing up or hand wash liquid in )

we don't have mud!

At the moment I only have a pair of siblings, and prior to that it was the same 3rd child who came each day. IF more/children from a different family attend just one day; then, like dragonfly, I will remove/not offer an activity that day.

moggy
26-05-2020, 07:18 PM
I am only having 1-2 children for now, may be 3 in a few weeks. I'm keeping my garden sandpit as usual- hands wash, make sure they are not coughing or dribbling into it. I judge it to be a low risk, as they will be handling so many things together anyway. I think we are very different to a nursery where they are rotating 'groups/bubbles' from one activity to another and need to thoroughly clean in between each group. We (generally) are just one group, like a household, so that in itself is one of the main ways to reduce risk. Nurseries are having up to 16 in one group! That's 16 families all sharing their germs... very different to our 1, 2, 3 or so families.
We will be digging on the allotment, playing on the lawn- are we going to be disinfecting that too?!
Playdough I haven't decided- I might just make them a ball of dough each as they do sometimes put that in their mouths and it can get a bit dribbly!