PDA

View Full Version : Claim a grant for the self employed

FussyElmo
04-05-2020, 08:15 AM
The online tool is now open.

According to people it will tell you when you can apply.

I havent personally tried it yet but am expecting it to be busy

Check if you can claim a grant through the Selfo-Employment Income Support Scheme - GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-coronavirus-covid-19-self-employment-income-support-scheme)

You will need your utr, national insurance number snd bank account details

Mouse
04-05-2020, 08:50 AM
Thanks Fussy. I’ll have a look later.

FussyElmo
04-05-2020, 10:55 AM
Its very easy to do.

I can claim from 8am on the 14th may

Mouse
04-05-2020, 11:58 AM
Its very easy to do.

I can claim from 8am on the 14th may

Same here :thumbsup:

loocyloo
04-05-2020, 01:12 PM
THANK YOU!

I can claim from midday on the 13th May! xx

Dragonfly
06-05-2020, 06:56 PM
8am on 14 th here 👍

Mouse
09-05-2020, 04:54 PM
Has anyone applied for a Bounce Back loan?

I decided to apply and had an acceptance through within 24 hours. I'll hopefully get the money through at the beginning of next week.

The amount I applied for plus the amount I should receive through the grant will be enough to cover the money I've lost through not working. My aim is to start saving as soon as I'm working again so that I can pay it off before any interest is due.

loocyloo
09-05-2020, 08:15 PM
That's interesting Mouse.

I've just been reading about it ... no repayments required in first 12 mths and then 2.5% interest with it to be paid back in 6yrs. And you can apply up until November 2020. Definitely worth thinking about.

FussyElmo
10-05-2020, 10:22 AM
Considered it briefly but because there is no guarantee of things returning to normal for a considerable while i decided against it.

But we as a family are surviving amazing how much money you dont spend when you stay at home so if i can get through without any debt. Obviously this is my personal perspective

loocyloo
10-05-2020, 01:51 PM
Considered it briefly but because there is no guarantee of things returning to normal for a considerable while i decided against it.

But we as a family are surviving amazing how much money you dont spend when you stay at home so if i can get through without any debt. Obviously this is my personal perspective

That's pretty much what decision i came to ... BUT, because it can be applied for up until November, i thought it was worth bearing in mind for the future.

FussyElmo
13-05-2020, 08:11 AM
THANK YOU!

I can claim from midday on the 13th May! xx

Let us know how you go on today according to fb its quite easy to do

loocyloo
13-05-2020, 11:06 AM
Let us know how you go on today according to fb its quite easy to do

so far ... it's experiencing 'technical difficulties' and to try later !!! :laughing: and each time, you have to go back to the very start!

I was just about to ask if you had managed as there is reports that it had crashed

FussyElmo
13-05-2020, 11:53 AM
Sorry Loocyloo i edited your post instead of replying not sure how i have managed to do that

loocyloo
13-05-2020, 11:56 AM
Sorry Loocyloo i edited your post instead of replying not sure how i have managed to do that

:laughing::laughing::laughing: You're very clever !!! .. i'm about to try again!

it does say that you can't apply BEFORE the day/time you were given, but you can apply after ... but i think deadline is 18th May ... YEP :laughing: 'Experiencing high demand' !!! there's a surprise!

FussyElmo
13-05-2020, 12:15 PM
Loocyloo there are other words :laughing:

loocyloo
13-05-2020, 02:40 PM
WOOHOO!

Done it, very simple.

go to Claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme - GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-a-grant-through-the-self-employment-income-support-scheme)

and 'start now' ... you need your tax ref number, your NI number and your government gateway number. I then needed my bank account details/address and job done !!! :D i'll receive the money in the next 6 working days.

x

Dragonfly
13-05-2020, 02:48 PM
Well done loocyloo how many tries did you have before succeeding?

loocyloo
13-05-2020, 03:04 PM
I had about 3 or 4 attempts around midday day, another go about 1pm and then went to read my book till about 3.20. I wasn't going to try, but thought I might as well .... and it worked! alot quicker and simpler than I expected given how faffy I find filing my tax return! I guess though, they have all that information to hand!

xx

Dragonfly
14-05-2020, 07:17 AM
Done on my first attempt, exactly 8am took 11 minutes in all. Must be a first!

FussyElmo
14-05-2020, 07:36 AM
Done on my first attempt, exactly 8am took 11 minutes in all. Must be a first!

Me too i was very shocked just how easy it was. It helps if you have all the information in front of you.

SYLVIA
14-05-2020, 07:38 AM
I have done mine too. So easy. I was expecting to have to try all through the day

Mouse
14-05-2020, 08:48 AM
I logged on just before 8am and it all went straight through first time. I don’t think it took more than about 5 or 6 minutes.

A friend of mine has the 12 o’clock slot today so I’m hoping it’s still running smoothly by then!