PDA

View Full Version : Morton Michel Insurance

mumofone
27-04-2020, 12:09 PM
Is anyone trying to claim against morton michel insurance for loss of revenue?

loocyloo
27-04-2020, 12:51 PM
Not insured with MM, so can't help you there. Good luck.

Dragonfly
27-04-2020, 02:46 PM
I did ask MM but was told no.

mumofone
28-04-2020, 08:03 AM
Not insured with MM, so can't help you there. Good luck.

Who are you with loocyloo? I was wondering how others are fairing with different insurance providers.

FussyElmo
28-04-2020, 10:48 AM
Who are you with loocyloo? I was wondering how others are fairing with different insurance providers.

I think we need to separate our thoughts on insurance pay outs unless you took out a policy to protect loss of income (im reading lots of these policies are not covering covid 19) i doubt any ppi insurance will pay out

loocyloo
28-04-2020, 11:59 AM

i have public liability with pacey, which isn't relevant/doesn't cover this sort of thing! to be honest, unless you had a particular insurance clause to cover closure by pandemic, i don't think you'd be covered! from what i've read, even nurseries who pay huge sums for insurance covering, they thought, everything, are finding they are not covered.

The insurance provided by Childcare.co.uk for gold members, may, possibly, pay a little something, but i think that even for that you would need to have closed because you/family member actually test positive for C19.

I'm just going with the flow - I get my funding payments, a little bit from the children still attending, and then i'll apply for the self employed grant in May. its not good, but it is what it is! my expenses have gone down, as i'm not going anywhere, i'm asking parents to send pack ups ( instead of the fee increase i was about to implement! :rolleyes: ) and i'm using up lots of resources i already have. i am still obviously having to pay subscriptions/bills etc, but as i save £ towards my annual tax bill ... i am currently using that to help at the moment.