PDA

View Full Version : CHILDCARE.CO.UK LOSS OF REVENUE INSURANCE CLAIM

myriamabedi
10-04-2020, 10:04 AM
HI THERE

HAS ANYONE HERE WHO IS GOLD MEMBER ON CHILDCARE.CO.UK, MADE A LOSS OF REVENUE INSURANCE CLAIM? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THE PROSPECT OF SUCH A CLAIM TO SUCCEED?

Mouse
10-04-2020, 11:41 AM
Have you emailed them to ask if it's possible to claim?

I think the last advice was that they would consider a claim if you were medically diagnosed as having COVID-19 and were then instructed by your LA to shut down.

myriamabedi
10-04-2020, 12:17 PM
Have you emailed them to ask if it's possible to claim?

I think the last advice was that they would consider a claim if you were medically diagnosed as having COVID-19 and were then instructed by your LA to shut down.

WILL TRY TO CONTACT THEM ,BUT MOST OF CHILDMINDER HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO SHUT WITHOUT BEING DIAGNOSED WITH COVID-19?ITS A LIITLE ODD BECAUSE ON THEIR SITE IT SAYS THAT YOU CAN MAKE A CLAIM OF LOSS OF REVENUE IF YOUR BUSINESS HAVE SHUT(LOST REVENUE) DUE TO AN INFECTIOUS DECEASE,WHICH I THINK ITS CURRENTLY THE CASE.

chocolate.chip
11-05-2020, 11:57 AM
I've had insurance claim accepted through childcare.co.uk so definitely worth trying

Mouse
11-05-2020, 01:08 PM
I've had insurance claim accepted through childcare.co.uk so definitely worth trying

That’s interesting. Did you have a COVID-19 diagnosis?

chocolate.chip
11-05-2020, 03:40 PM
Not at all. It was due to closure following government advice

Mouse
11-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Not at all. It was due to closure following government advice

That’ll be good news for a lot of people. I know the last update I saw was that you had to have a medical diagnosis and been directed to shutdown, not just the government advice.
What information did you have to provide?

loocyloo
11-05-2020, 05:27 PM
That's very interesting. Worth looking into. Thank you for letting us know.

I have their insurance but I've only closed to non-keyworker families.