PDA

View Full Version : Government support for self employed childminders

Mouse
20-03-2020, 05:53 PM
Do you get the impression we've been forgotten about?

I've been listening to the chancellor making all these announcements, but I've yet to hear anything that is going to help most self employed people.

Now that childcare settings have been shut down nurseries will get financial help, but that doesn't apply to us.
Employees will get financial help, but that doesn't apply to us.

Unless I'm missing something very obvious, I can't see anything that is going to help us :panic:

loocyloo
20-03-2020, 07:55 PM
I think I heard something about being able to claim SSP more easily. But I don't know.

I do believe pacey, EYalliance etc will be fighting for us. X

Maza
20-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Yes Loocyloo, I heard that too.

Mouse
20-03-2020, 09:01 PM
I think I heard something about being able to claim SSP more easily. But I don't know.

I do believe pacey, EYalliance etc will be fighting for us. X

SSP would be good, but it's still only £93 a week. Employees will have at least 80% of their salary paid.

I think we have to be very grateful to the representative bodies and anyone who is fighting our corner for us.

FussyElmo
20-03-2020, 09:19 PM
Im going on the fact it is better than we had today. So hoping it will be even better by next week.

But no its pretty pants

mama2three
21-03-2020, 10:54 AM
Employees who are at home will get 80% of their salary for doing nothing.
I’m still working full 11 hour days though with substantially less children and will earn about 40% of my usual income , others without keyworker families or funded children will get nothing at all.
This really needs addressing and if nothing else it makes us all realise how valuable being a member of pacey and the other representative bodies is

loocyloo
21-03-2020, 11:46 AM
Employees who are at home will get 80% of their salary for doing nothing.
I’m still working full 11 hour days though with substantially less children and will earn about 40% of my usual income , others without keyworker families or funded children will get nothing at all.
This really needs addressing and if nothing else it makes us all realise how valuable being a member of pacey and the other representative bodies is

Yep.
Agree with everything you've said.
I've just filled in a letter/ form for EYalliance ( that is in a different post ) to be sent to my MP.

Hugs xx