PDA

View Full Version : observations etc

loocyloo
20-03-2020, 02:53 PM
I've just been asked, if, during these interesting times, we still need to do observations of the children ? !

I said I presumed so, because otherwise how are we going to know how they are doing? BUT, I personally, am not going to be rushing to do any, or to do anything much more than just pottering around and playing and being happy!

xx

Maza
20-03-2020, 03:14 PM
Lol! No rest for the wicked.

Mouse
20-03-2020, 03:25 PM
I don't do written observations so would carry on not doing any!

loocyloo
20-03-2020, 03:46 PM
i have been cutting right back ... and now is the time to do so even more!

the cm i spoke to had been told that as we were just 'babysitting' in these times, normal service did not continue, someone else had been told that if she had any new starters, she had to do baselines assessments and obs to get to 'know' that child ... and prove it! who too, i'm not sure!

xx

FussyElmo
20-03-2020, 04:47 PM
i have been cutting right back ... and now is the time to do so even more!

the cm i spoke to had been told that as we were just 'babysitting' in these times, normal service did not continue, someone else had been told that if she had any new starters, she had to do baselines assessments and obs to get to 'know' that child ... and prove it! who too, i'm not sure!

xx

I think for my eyfs children i will carrynon as normal if i see them.

I will try to get routine for as longvas possible

sarah707
06-04-2020, 01:54 PM
Yes - continue to watch and listen - continue to plan for the individual child and do anything else you normally do to support learning.

No - put yourself under pressure to write anything down apart from the 2 year progress check.

Now might be a good time, if you are a little quieter or stopped altogether, to go through your paperwork and make some changes!

Bear in mind Ofsted are asking questions - not looking at anything in writing beyond what is statutory :D