PDA

View Full Version : New changing mat?

loocyloo
14-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Oh my goodness!

Just had a quick look on Amazon and Ebay for a new change mat and the cheapest decentish one i could find was £10.99! I paid about £8, probably just about 2 years ago and I thought that was alot!

Any suggestions where else I might find one for a more reasonable price? I know it gets alot of use, but the one I had before this one, I'd had for years and it wasn't expensive!

My only other thought was just to get a length of oil cloth and make a mat from that, as I usually use it on carpet! That won't be cheap, but will it work? Or will it get stained?

Thanks x

Dragonfly
15-02-2020, 09:12 AM
I got a foldable one that goes in a drawer for a couple pounds from cheap shop ( like Poundland) still going strong though faded a bit.look on eBay also. I got one with nappy compartment wipe compartment and zip part that folds to take out and about tough material less than £10

FussyElmo
15-02-2020, 10:35 AM
Wait for asda or aldi to do their baby event.

Its the only time i buy new equipment when there is a sale on :laughing:

loocyloo
16-02-2020, 10:48 AM
I got a foldable one that goes in a drawer for a couple pounds from cheap shop ( like Poundland) still going strong though faded a bit.look on eBay also. I got one with nappy compartment wipe compartment and zip part that folds to take out and about tough material less than £10

Thanks, I have one of these for my change bag ... it was bought for DS ... he's now almost 18!!!!

chris goodyear
16-02-2020, 02:08 PM
I always look on e-bay and usually get one for £3 and it lasts a couple of years.

loocyloo
16-02-2020, 02:21 PM
I always look on e-bay and usually get one for £3 and it lasts a couple of years.

that's what i always used to do! but they are all so expensive now! :rolleyes:

Maza
04-09-2020, 07:59 PM
Loocyloo - did you ever find a cheap decent changing mat? I need a new one. x

loocyloo
04-09-2020, 08:29 PM
Nope! I ended up spending about £10 on ebay!

Although I did see some cheap ones at either boots or asda the other week! I was tempted, but I don't want to start buying spares!

Good hunting! X

Dragonfly
06-09-2020, 07:51 PM
Poundland has a foldable one.

Maza
07-09-2020, 07:20 AM
Thanks Dragonfly. I've got to head into town today so I'll make a beeline for Poundland.

Maza
07-09-2020, 01:37 PM
Dragonfly - our Poundland has closed down!!! I've never not had a local Poundland - I practically live in there!

Anyway, I got a travel/foldable changing mat from Home Bargains for 2.99. It might be a bit small looking at it now, but they had the 'normal' sized ones for 6.99, which is the cheapest I've seen, so I might go and get one of those if this doesn't work. I'll still use this as a travel mat, so it wont be wasted either way.

Dragonfly
07-09-2020, 02:01 PM
Oh that’s a shame about your Poundland Maza.

Maza
17-05-2021, 10:52 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I have just seen an Ikea changing mat for £5. No idea of the quality as I saw it online. I'm still using my 2.99 travel changing mat which I initially thought might be too small, but it is totally fine.

loocyloo
17-05-2021, 11:22 AM
Thanks Maza .... I have one in my basket .... 'ready and waiting!