PDA

View Full Version : Inspections are exhausting and draining!

Maza
15-01-2020, 01:28 PM
Had my inspection this morning - no children on roll. It went well and I got 'met' but oh my goodness, I am drained now and fit for nothing!

It only lasted 2 and 1/2 hours - I don't know how you all cope with a full inspection with kids present. Obviously I have had a full inspection a few years ago, but I think I'm getting too old for this.

I got up this morning at 4.40am after being awake for what seemed like all night - I was totally paranoid about oversleeping. I don't feel like I slept at all - but I know I did because I had the most horrific nightmares about finding dead bodies in my house.

The inspector was lovely. She asked me about:
the signs and symptoms of sexual abuse
what I would do if a child made an allegation against me
what I would do if a child didn't turn up at my setting one day when they were booked in
if I recorded reasons for absence on the register
how I manage the settling in procedure
how I manage medication
how I keep children safe when out and about
what information I keep on the children
what kind of existing injuries would I record? (I listed a load and she then agreed and said, the answer is 'everything')
asked me what inclusion and diversity mean to me
how I do planning
if I evaluate my practice
how I keep up to date with safeguarding knowledge
how I would handle a parental complaint
how I measure the children's progress
how I do a 2 year check
what I do with my register and accident forms when the children leave
how I would handle an accident in my setting
what I know about prevent
what are the indicators that fgm might be an issue - what would I do

She probably asked more, but I can't remember. I took her around the premises and she suggested a couple of bits for risk assessment. They weren't a surprise, but some will be a bit tricky to remedy. It was ok to not have written risk assessments.

Dragonfly
15-01-2020, 01:52 PM
Crikey that sounded full on bet you are glad it’s over.

Pixie dust
15-01-2020, 02:13 PM
At least its all over for now.......until next time;)

loocyloo
15-01-2020, 06:35 PM
well done !

xx

moggy
15-01-2020, 08:13 PM
I guess inspection 'with no children present' can be even tougher than having the children there, as the inspector has to ask you everything, they can't just see it happening. Well done x

FussyElmo
16-01-2020, 08:23 AM
Well done all over and done with now