PDA

View Full Version : when you've been working for longer than 'your' parents have been alive!!!

loocyloo
11-01-2020, 10:39 AM
I couldn't stop laughing yesterday.

I was out with a group of mums, some of whom are 'my' parents, and we were talking about birthdays, anniversaries etc. I said that I'd qualified as a nanny over 30 years ago now, and one of my mums looked horrified and said 'but i'm not even 30 yet' !!!! Bless her, she asked if I was sure, and I said yes, I qualified in the summer of 1989! She said she knew I was older than her, and that my children were teenagers, but she didn't think i was 'that old' !!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: I think it's a compliment !:D some days i feel like i've been doing this job for 300 years!

Dragonfly
11-01-2020, 09:31 PM
Ha,ha I started as a nanny 40 years ago in June! So I too am a lot older then my mindee parents. In fact someone asked me if I had any spaces this week,she was looking for an older childminder!!

Mouse
12-01-2020, 01:09 PM
I seem to have cornered the market in looking after my sons' friends' children!

I've got a couple of parents who went to school with my eldest son and I'm getting regular enquiries from people who were at school with my children. Just before Christmas I was showing one little girl a photo of her mum at my son's 5th birthday party!

chris goodyear
12-01-2020, 01:25 PM
I again have been registered since 1987 and have had parents say their parents are now too old to help with childcare so can I have them. If only they knew I'm probably older than the child's grandparents! some do know and it's no problem as they prefer an older person.

FussyElmo
12-01-2020, 05:52 PM
One of my mindees told me i was the same age as her nana.

Turned out she was wrong im 3 years younger :laughing:

FloraDora
12-01-2020, 05:58 PM
I looked after the grandchild of someone I had taught......that made me think 🤔!