PDA

View Full Version : January themes

mumofone
31-12-2019, 04:32 PM
What themes/topics/activities are you planning to do in January and February, looking for inspiration for when I return to work next week!

loocyloo
31-12-2019, 06:34 PM
I'm going to be looking at winter.

Wintry walks/ feeding birds- making bird feeders/ artic & antarctic / hoping for snow / snow painting / ice investigation-science etc / keeping warm and healthy.

There are nice books about winter, I particularly like 'William's winter wish' and Percy the Park Keepers 'One snowy night' .

mumofone
31-12-2019, 07:33 PM
I'm going to be looking at winter.

Wintry walks/ feeding birds- making bird feeders/ artic & antarctic / hoping for snow / snow painting / ice investigation-science etc / keeping warm and healthy.

There are nice books about winter, I particularly like 'William's winter wish' and Percy the Park Keepers 'One snowy night' .

Thanks loocy loo, this all sounds lovely :-)

Mouse
06-01-2020, 09:31 AM
We were going to do a winter theme, but the weather doesn't seem right for it at the moment! I'll hold out a bit and wait for snow/ice before we do our winter activities.

For now we're going to do a theme around a book although I haven't decided which one yet! This week I'm going to read a few to the children, see which one they seem to enjoy most, then base our theme around that.

loocyloo
06-01-2020, 12:23 PM
We were going to do a winter theme, but the weather doesn't seem right for it at the moment! I'll hold out a bit and wait for snow/ice before we do our winter activities.

For now we're going to do a theme around a book although I haven't decided which one yet! This week I'm going to read a few to the children, see which one they seem to enjoy most, then base our theme around that.

I agree .. it's rather mild! ... maybe do ' weather ' as a theme.

I also do a book theme each month... Tim Hopgood 's wonderful world is simply wonderful! Gorgeous illustrations and a cd of Louis Armstrong to listen to! I link it to all about and looking after our world.

What a Wonderful World Book and CD: Amazon.co.uk: Bob Thiele, George David Weiss, Tim Hopgood: 9780192736918: Books (https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Wonderful-World-Book-CD/dp/0192736914/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=tim+hopgood+wonderful+worl d&qid=1578313357&sr=8-2)

Mouse
06-01-2020, 02:45 PM
I agree .. it's rather mild! ... maybe do ' weather ' as a theme.

I also do a book theme each month... Tim Hopgood 's wonderful world is simply wonderful! Gorgeous illustrations and a cd of Louis Armstrong to listen to! I link it to all about and looking after our world.

What a Wonderful World Book and CD: Amazon.co.uk: Bob Thiele, George David Weiss, Tim Hopgood: 9780192736918: Books (https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Wonderful-World-Book-CD/dp/0192736914/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=tim+hopgood+wonderful+worl d&qid=1578313357&sr=8-2)

What a lovely book. I've not seen it before. I also like the look of the others, particularly Walking in a Winter Wonderland, for when we do our winter theme!

loocyloo
07-01-2020, 07:18 AM
What a lovely book. I've not seen it before. I also like the look of the others, particularly Walking in a Winter Wonderland, for when we do our winter theme!

I love walking in a winter wonderland and singing in the rain!
I also have quite a few of his other books ... wow said the owl is my particular favourite! :clapping:

Maza
07-01-2020, 09:43 AM
I remember when you recommended those books a while ago Loocyloo. They are lovely and are hard to resist.

loocyloo
07-01-2020, 06:27 PM
I remember when you recommended those books a while ago Loocyloo. They are lovely and are hard to resist.

I'm a bit of a walking advert for this author's books! I just love them all! :laughing:

SYLVIA
07-01-2020, 07:10 PM
We will be looking at winter, tying in with preschool looking at weather. We also do Big Bird Watch in some way or other.