PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone NOT have a doll's pram/pushchair?

Maza
14-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Just wondering if anyone does NOT have a doll's pram? I'm really trying to scale down on resources and the prams/pushchairs take up such a lot of room. I've only really had one mindee, quite a while ago, who really liked the toy pushchair, the rest have not bothered at all really - although future mindees might love it...

I got rid of one when we moved and am toying with the idea of getting rid of the other - it's quite a flimsy one so not really suitable for very young toddlers to push around anyway as it would tip.

Am I being mean by getting rid of it?

moggy
14-11-2019, 05:05 PM
I have 3! All umbrella-fold buggy ones. They all get regular use, but I store them folded, tucked in a corner.
Do you have other trolleys or things for transportation? You may have other things that can serve the same purpose.

Mouse
14-11-2019, 07:21 PM
I haven't had any for years and it's not something I even think about getting.

The children have never shown any sign of missing them.

Maza
14-11-2019, 07:58 PM
Mmmm, I read Moggy's post and decided to keep my pushchair. Then I read Mouse's post and thought I could get rid of it. Still undecided. :rolleyes:

Mouse
14-11-2019, 09:54 PM
Mmmm, I read Moggy's post and decided to keep my pushchair. Then I read Mouse's post and thought I could get rid of it. Still undecided. :rolleyes:

Why not pack it away and see if it's missed? If not, ditch it. If you do have a mindee in the future who you think would really use a pram/pushchair, you could always pick up a cheap one in a charity shop or on a selling page.

Maza
14-11-2019, 10:20 PM
Great idea Mouse. The problem is, I have so many things packed away to see if it will be missed. The recent house move has really exposed me as a toy/resource hoarder and DH (and myself, to be fair) is shocked at the amount I have. Yes, getting a cheap one in future sounds good. Think I will give it away.

moggy
15-11-2019, 08:30 AM
Do you have a Toy Library? We make good use of ours for this kind of thing too.

Maza
15-11-2019, 09:18 AM
Great idea Moggy. I know the one in my old local authority closed down and so I hadn't thought about checking to see if we had one here - I just assumed they had all closed down. Great to hear that there are still some left.

loocyloo
15-11-2019, 05:00 PM
Great idea Mouse. The problem is, I have so many things packed away to see if it will be missed. The recent house move has really exposed me as a toy/resource hoarder and DH (and myself, to be fair) is shocked at the amount I have. Yes, getting a cheap one in future sounds good. Think I will give it away.

:laughing:

My problem is that I tend to have 3 of things! Or at least .. 3 similar things! I am a terrible toy and resource hoarder!