PDA

View Full Version : New Framework

v 1461
17-10-2019, 02:42 PM
Hello,
Are you all stopping learning journey / links/ next steps....
I am bored of most my childminder s friends telling me " you need to stop doing them , O will not look at them anyway..."
Talking is not my best and I dont mind doing the LJ.
Am I wasting my time ? Will O not see it as a positive point and as a great way of showing the progress ( as well as trackers and 2yo progress )??
Thanks

loocyloo
17-10-2019, 04:08 PM
I'm still doing them!

I was tracking children before EYFS so I'm not going to stop now!

My mind is prone to going blank and a LJ will help me talk about a child! O may not particularly look at them ... but I don't care. I'm not doing them for O, I'm doing them for me and my children!
And we still need next steps, even if we're not writing them down!

I AM trying to do less observations ... but sometimes they just do things that make you go WOW! ... so maybe mine are more 'wow' observations rather than 'ticking things off a list' observations!

Stay strong and do what works for you! X

moggy
17-10-2019, 05:34 PM
Interesting reading here:
Find an Ofsted inspection report (https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/)
Use the link 'Check inspection reports published last week'
You get a good idea of what inspectors are actually looking for...
For example: a line from a new CMer report published today 'she does not make enough use of assessment to carefully plan activities that challenge children to fully extend their capabilities.'. So, inspector wanted to see more use of assessment, hard to do without writing something down, therefore paperwork would be a likely way to resolve this. It is all nice for people to say 'no more paperwork' but if inspectors are looking for use of 'assessment' and to 'carefully plan activities' I do wonder how much has really changed... we'll see once more reports are published.

v 1461
17-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Thank you loocyloo and moggy. One of my friend has been inspected recently. This lady doesn't do any paperwork and luckily O never asked her for anything ( no learning journey, next step ,.planning ....)

moggy
18-10-2019, 07:32 AM
Thank you loocyloo and moggy. One of my friend has been inspected recently. This lady doesn't do any paperwork and luckily O never asked her for anything ( no learning journey, next step ,.planning ....)

No, they won't ask for it. But we can still show it.

FussyElmo
18-10-2019, 12:26 PM
Inspectors are not supposed to ask for any non statutory paperwork - the onus will be on you to show iy.

The inspectors professional opinion on giving recommendations well that can be a different matter. So the inspection report above will come into that.

Sarah Neville one for you to read.