PDA

View Full Version : Things to do...again

Helpinghands
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry I know there are loads of posts about things to occupy your mindess and activities to do but I'm still stuck and go completely blank everyday.

What sort of things can you do that don't cost much money? Baking you need ingredients etc

I have a 3 year old who gets stuck in whatever we do, but I don't want him to get bored with the same things everyday

Any ideas are appreciated

emmadines
12-08-2008, 05:16 PM
have you got any paint and cotten wool??

tomorrow Im going to get my mindees to make some marching ants. download a drawing (theres a post somewhere) make it bigger.

then stick cotten wool onto the picture and once dry they can paint it red/brown or black???

then Im gonna stick it onto the coservatory window in a line

I am getting stuck with what to do with them, Im only on day two. Today we made cakes, cinima tickets and watche a film..... it went down very well (sorry cant remember who surggested it:blush: but thanks!!!!!)

brillminder
12-08-2008, 05:48 PM
sounds good fun, what about a bug hunt, print or draw some bugs , hide then in garen or around house, and have a hunt ,
Check out sparkle box for bugs, or encharnted learning if still active,
Paint pebbles, or tin lids- like bugs( lady birds) .
Decorate cd's into bugs or plain old cardboard with any odd ment as you have >:) then show us the pics you take :)

brillminder
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
also playdough make fab bugs, then generally moves onto another child led activity :)

janet
12-08-2008, 05:57 PM
we had great fun 3 children all under 3 and myself with a big box which was a castle ,bus, train, house, etc then we turned it into a puppet show and made puppets out of odd socks, which i know everyone has ( i think my machine eats them as i now have 37 odd socks ) xx

Helpinghands
12-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm going to do the cotton wool ants tomorrow, thats a good idea and the bug hunt!:clapping:

butterfly
12-08-2008, 07:42 PM
you could draw some bugs and laminate them. then hang them in your garden for future bug hunts! you could play with stones painted at bugs in sand or make a bug habitat in a tray. what about making a terranium (sp!) for slugs or snails? they're great if you use something transparent like a large sweetie tub as you can watch them moving - fascinating!

you could make mobiles - either for inside or out - print off pictures, paint them and laminate/sticky back plastic them

you could write a story together - each child adding a bit - you could write it in an exercise book and the children could draw pictures

picnics? could make invitations, menus, invite teddies, help make food?

will try to think of some more!

angeldelight
12-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Hope you have fun and dont forget to look in the forum - heaps of ideas from everyone in here

Angel xxx

Pudding Girl
12-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Something else with odd socks, roll two up into a ball and do some throwing and catching, or tip out your matching socks and get them to help match the pairs.

Cleaning - helping to dust, hang the washing out ( could match pegs too or sort into sets), helping wash the toys or scrub the outdoor stuff, washing the car, Washing up - bowl on floor, plastic cups and bowls etc

( all sounds like slave labour, but valuable learning skills to be found there!!)

Garden- weeding, digging, raking, collecting leaves and sticks and stone for collages, planting seeds, making mud pies, mud painting on patio, water painting on patio.

Physical - do an obstacle course, skipping, hopscotch, old fashioned rhyme games, wheelbarrows, throwing, catching, running, fly a kite, rolling down hills, tag, have a mini sports day/olympics

Heuristic play - treasure baskets full of (crap!) household stuff ( safe according to age of course) you can google this.

Hope there's a few ideas there for you?

miffy
12-08-2008, 08:43 PM
More odd sock games - place objects inside (clean) socks and tie top of sock. Let children feel what's inside each sock and try and guess what it is. You could also put smelly things in the socks and see if the children can recognise them.

Try balloon painting - blow up some balloons (make some firmer than others), put paint in large trays, dip in balloons then paint with them.

Have fun

Miffy xx

Helpinghands
12-08-2008, 10:21 PM
you could draw some bugs and laminate them. then hang them in your garden for future bug hunts! you could play with stones painted at bugs in sand or make a bug habitat in a tray. what about making a terranium (sp!) for slugs or snails? they're great if you use something transparent like a large sweetie tub as you can watch them moving - fascinating!

you could make mobiles - either for inside or out - print off pictures, paint them and laminate/sticky back plastic them

you could write a story together - each child adding a bit - you could write it in an exercise book and the children could draw pictures

picnics? could make invitations, menus, invite teddies, help make food?

will try to think of some more!

Thats brilliant, thankyou

I'm normally quite creative but I have been out of practice for a few years! xx

angeldelight
12-08-2008, 10:22 PM
I am sure things will come back to you Jo

Have fun

Angel xx

Pudding Girl
13-08-2008, 06:25 AM
You could also put smelly things in the socks and see if the children can recognise them.

what like hubby's feet you mean? :D

mimo
13-08-2008, 01:23 PM
You could also put smelly things in the socks and see if the children can recognise them.

QUOTE=George;205447]what like hubby's feet you mean? :D[/QUOTE]
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

emmadines
13-08-2008, 02:22 PM
well here are one of the ants we made. they will soon be going on the coservatory window.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b202/edines33/becky9403.jpg

:laughing:

sue m
13-08-2008, 03:28 PM
That's brilliant. Thanks for asking that Jo cos I'm blank most of the time, I don't have an artistic bone in my body and no ideas! So why am I childminding??? My mindee L is 2.5 and he just wants to play, if I start doing something with him he just sits there and looks bored!!!!!! I look at all the posts and think what great ideas and unless I print them off, I don't remember 5 mins later. I blame it on the menopause!!! :)

emmadines
13-08-2008, 03:59 PM
i showed the pic to a friend and she said it looked like a dead animal. looking at it again it actually dose:blush: lol

Helpinghands
13-08-2008, 06:57 PM
The ant looks really cool. :thumbsup: My topic for this month is animals, we've done the farm, now going onto insects. My garden is full of slugs!! So we're going to have a little slug hunt.

We did a bit of bubble painting today and got in a right mess!!! We also went to a huge maze and got lost :laughing:

Tried to upload pics but won't let me :(