PDA

View Full Version : Childcare on domestic premises

Abegail
18-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Hi
Has anyone gone from childminder to child care on domestic premises. I’m usually full and would like to expand my Buisness as I have space.
It would be nice to here from anyone who had actually been through the process , dealt with Ofsted, what planning permissions where required etc.
There is very little information online

chris goodyear
19-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Not sure what you mean by child care? do you want to turn your business into a nursery from domestic premises?

FussyElmo
20-09-2019, 07:51 AM
Welcome to the forum Abegail.

Im not sure we have any members on here who do childcare on domestic property.

They are however a few on our facebook group. If you are not a member let me know and i will post on your behalf.

Abegail
23-09-2019, 08:16 PM
Hi Chris
To work with more than two assistants ie more than 9 children say two childminders and two assistants, or myself and three assistants so 12 children I would need to change my licence to childcare on domestic premises. So it’s like a small nursery. There is a video about it on the pacy website.
My understanding is you can also open a second setting so effectively run two setting at the same time, expanding your Buisness.
However according to Ofsted there are only 140 registered CODP in the country.
I would just like to have a chat with Simone that has successfully gone down this route. There is almost nothing online a can find and with possible planning issues and Ofsted requirements it’s going to be a challenge.
Thanks fussyelmo yes I would like to join the Facebook group what’s it called

Abegail
25-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Hi Chris
No childcare on domestic premises is much the same as Childminder except you can be registered for more children, but the ratios stay the same. Also my understanding is you can spend up to half you working day at another setting so you can effectively run two settings.
There is a good video on the Pacey web site but very little information is available online.
Yes Elmo I would like to join the Facebook group, what’s the name. :)

FussyElmo
25-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Hi its called independent childminders.