PDA

View Full Version : do you remember my prob with ..........

emmadines
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
strawberry educational ltd? the advertising thats gonna cost me just under £300:eek: :eek:

well Ive just recieved the recorded convo/so called agreement and apparently they did state the vat. I turthfully dont recall them saying this but as its a comp recording Im sure it can be altered therefore guess whos paying that money:angry:

Im so :censored: off you wouldnt believe it............. I suppose I will get it back via means of it comming off my tax:censored: :(

but if i pay it in full they will knock off the vat for me! thats nice of them :angry:

kindredspirits
12-08-2008, 05:18 PM
hey, if you didn't sign anything in paper you don't have to pay for it - voice convos mean jack in court.

emmadines
12-08-2008, 05:19 PM
do you think its worth talking to the ncma about it then???

Pipsqueak
12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
do you think its worth talking to the ncma about it then???

Yes defo - you've got nothing to loose.

emmadines
12-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes defo - you've got nothing to loose.

i suppose!!

Minstrel
13-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Sorry to break bad news but i think under something called distance selling act you have only 14 days to cancel any agreement you make over phone or if someone doorsteps you. ( but not if you invite them round)

Hope im wrong. Good luck x

angeldelight
13-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Well anything is worth a try Emma so go for it

Hope you sort something its a lot of money

Angel xx

emmadines
13-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Sorry to break bad news but i think under something called distance selling act you have only 14 days to cancel any agreement you make over phone or if someone doorsteps you. ( but not if you invite them round)

Hope im wrong. Good luck x

the letter was sent and dated for 02 July 2008 about 2 days after the inital phone call.
they are still adiment that i have to pay them.

Minstrel
13-08-2008, 01:53 PM
The other thing you could try is citizens advice. In some cases they will act as a third party and correspond with companies on your behalf. could save you the stress if nothing else. x

Best of luck with it