PDA

View Full Version : Changes to inspection framework

mumofone
21-08-2019, 08:42 AM
I know the inspection framework is being changed to the EIF and that the old development matters book is being updated - does that mean EYO becomes defunct now? I've only just got to grips with it!

moggy
22-08-2019, 02:02 PM
No changes in EYO or Dev.Matters (yet)- we carry on with what we have until new is published. We don't know what is replacing Dev.Matters or whether that'll effect EYO.... so best not worry about it yet!

mumofone
22-08-2019, 04:55 PM
No changes in EYO or Dev.Matters (yet)- we carry on with what we have until new is published. We don't know what is replacing Dev.Matters or whether that'll effect EYO.... so best not worry about it yet!

Ah great, Thanks moggy!

sarah707
06-09-2019, 06:52 PM
Development Matters is being changed from a tick list to a list of ideas for supporting learning - or so I believe.

It was never meant to be a tick list and it's being misused so the format needs change - it will include the new early learning goals as well, presumably when they are revised.

We don't have to worry about the early learning goals - they are for school.

However, my feeling is DM will be changed so we are pointing the children's curriculum towards them ... we will have to wait and see :D