PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED are coming!!!!!arrrrrhhhhhhh

nadinescott
12-08-2008, 02:59 PM
:panic: Hi every one I had a phone call 2 weeks ago from my local OFSTED lady to book in for my inspection but because i am on school holidays she said she would ring back sometime in September. Well i thought great now i can get on and really get into the EYFS and start changing policies etc. Well i got a phone call from another OFSTED lady this morning and she's coming on Tuesday to do an inspection without children. Has anyone else had an inspection without children and what should i do about half of my paperwork being changed etc. i might start to panic now it's happening!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Nadine :panic:

sarah707
12-08-2008, 03:22 PM
I think a lot of people would be quite pleased to get the inspection over before eyfs kicks in...

Good luck! :D

Annie_T
12-08-2008, 05:03 PM
hope all goes well hun x

Wiggly
12-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Good luck for Tues. Had my inspection last week and was glad it was this side of EYFS.

Wiggly
x

miffy
12-08-2008, 05:13 PM
If your inspection is on Tuesday you will be inspected against the National Standards but you can explain that you are in the process of changing your paperwork to reflect the EYFS.

If you don't have any mindees present at the inspection you are unlikely to get a grade higher than satisfactory (that's fine as it shows you are meeting the standards and doing all that Ofsted expects but you will have to wait until your next inspection - maybe 3 years away - to be able to improve your grade)

If you are happy with that then fine but if not I'd see if you could borrow a mindee for the day or postpone your inspection

Good luck though and don't worry

Miffy xx

Spangles
12-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Good luck for next Tuesday!

janet
12-08-2008, 06:00 PM
good luck i am sure all will be fine xx

Chatterbox Childcare
12-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Great to get it this side of EYFS but did you realise that with no children the best grade you can get is SATISFACTORY???

Debbie

butterfly
12-08-2008, 07:50 PM
i think they'd be happy about you being in the process of changing to the eyfs. it doesn't have to be in place yet. i wouldn't be happy about being inspected with no mindees as your grade sticks with you for 3 years. i would try to borrow someone!!

angeldelight
12-08-2008, 07:52 PM

If you don't have any mindees present at the inspection you are unlikely to get a grade higher than satisfactory (that's fine as it shows you are meeting the standards and doing all that Ofsted expects but you will have to wait until your next inspection - maybe 3 years away - to be able to improve your grade)

If you are happy with that then fine but if not I'd see if you could borrow a mindee for the day or postpone your inspection

Good luck though and don't worry

Miffy xx

I agree with Miffy

Good luck hope it goes ok

Angel xx

kellsni
18-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Good luck:) k

Wiggly
18-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Just wanted to say good luck again for tomorrow.

Wiggly
x

Chimps Childminding
18-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Good luck - but I agree I would see if you can borrow a mindee (or 2) for the day if you won't have any, because as everyone else has said the fact that you could only get a satisfactory because you don't happen to have any children on that day seems a bit unfair when you could get a better grade !!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

flora
18-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Good luck, hope all goes well for you

Nicki L
18-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Where are you? would you like to borrow my two!! :laughing:

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 07:01 PM
All the best for tomorrow!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

nadinescott
18-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi just wanted to thank every one for their replys and update every one. On Friday OFSTED rang me again to cancel my inspection until after September, they decided that because i only started minding at the beginning of the year and my children were on school holidays that i didn't need to be inspected yet!!!
Very happy that i wont be stuck with a satisfactory grade when i have put so much work into my business over the last few months.
Thanks for every one's advice again
xxxx:laughing:

Nicki L
18-08-2008, 08:23 PM
that is fantastic news. relax and enjoy the rest of your hols x

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Hi just wanted to thank every one for their replys and update every one. On Friday OFSTED rang me again to cancel my inspection until after September, they decided that because i only started minding at the beginning of the year and my children were on school holidays that i didn't need to be inspected yet!!!
Very happy that i wont be stuck with a satisfactory grade when i have put so much work into my business over the last few months.
Thanks for every one's advice again
xxxx:laughing:

That is actually the best thing that could have happened. I do not like the way they inspect sans kids... as your grading stands for 3 years :( I am so glad this turned out like this! :)

Kiddywinks
12-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi i am a newby was registered in november but had to wait nearly a year for my first inspection due to the eyfs. I had a phone call this tuesday and my inspection was yesterday which was a bit of a shock! Anyway 2 inspectors arrived and they were really nice and relaxed. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I got good all the way through. I didnt get time to do the sef as it wouldnt let me log on untill 9pm on wednesday so i got satisfactory for that. I am really pleased with the outcome and it has given me a real positive boost. So good luck and don't panick!

miffy
12-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Pleased your inspection went well and you're glad it's over

Don't understand what you mean about getting satisfactory for the SEF you hadn't filled in - can you explain a bit more

Miffy xx

vicki1
17-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I SHOULD BE DUE MY INSPECTION ANY TIME SOON IM SO SCARED I FEEL LIKE I HAVE NOT GO ANYTHING READY I STARTED LOOKING AFTER A ONE YEAR OLD LITTLE BOY I KNOW WHAT IM DOING WHEN PLAYING ETC I JUST CANT GET MY PLANNING ONTO PAPER WE ARE LOOKING AT CARS, PAINTING, MUSICAL TOYS ETC I HOPE I HAVE EVERYTHING READY