PDA

View Full Version : That'll teach me to be child led

miss mopple
12-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Spent a lovely morning out at a play scheme so thought I'd give the kids free reign this pm.

My darling daughter suggested they make paper mache athletes to go with our olympic theme.

Seemed like a good idea at the time so I let them run with it.

My kitchen is now plastered in paste, I am covered in it and its gonna take me longer to clear up than they spent on the activity :rolleyes:

They have now moved on to blitzing the lounge and are busy building dens and playing world war 2 games so I'm hiding with a coffee while they're all harmonious :thumbsup:

Bushpig
12-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Spent a lovely morning out at a play scheme so thought I'd give the kids free reign this pm.

My darling daughter suggested they make paper mache athletes to go with our olympic theme.

Seemed like a good idea at the time so I let them run with it.

My kitchen is now plastered in paste, I am covered in it and its gonna take me longer to clear up than they spent on the activity :rolleyes:

They have now moved on to blitzing the lounge and are busy building dens and playing world war 2 games so I'm hiding with a coffee while they're all harmonious :thumbsup:

hehe sounds like fun!!! (for them!lol).

janet
12-08-2008, 02:50 PM
sounds very much like my house we had a tray of custard out this morning and a tray of baked beans had a good 30 mins playing in it then one of the children knocked it off the table as i have gone for a cloth the other child tipped a toybox into the custard, happy days xx

Pipsqueak
12-08-2008, 02:52 PM
blooming load of nutters so you are!!!!

Its normally gloop that goes all over the place in my house - even found it crusted into my bedroom carpet once (really not sure how that happened either)

sarah707
12-08-2008, 03:23 PM
I can never understand how rainbow rice gets in so many places :rolleyes:

stalbansminder
12-08-2008, 07:27 PM
:rolleyes: We did paper mache today too! What a mess!!! :laughing:

katickles
12-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Rather your houses than mine :blush:

Anything that messy I will admit is an outdoors activity in our house, the gardens perfect for such activities :D

Dragonfly
12-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Custard!!!:laughing:

miffy
12-08-2008, 08:07 PM
sounds very much like my house we had a tray of custard out this morning and a tray of baked beans had a good 30 mins playing in it then one of the children knocked it off the table as i have gone for a cloth the other child tipped a toybox into the custard, happy days xx

Custard AND baked beans - you brave woman!

Miffy xx

Heaven Scent
12-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Custard, baked beans, shaving foam noodles - paining at the easel chalking etc etc are all slowly becomming out door activities in this house.

I'm a horrible minder - they'll all be outside with rain macs over their coats doing it in the winter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think thats in keeping with EYFS bringing the outdoors inside and the indoors outside - There is no wrong weather - just wrong clothing!!!!!!!!

Angela234
12-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi how did you make the mache paste?

I got a reciepe from here last year which worked really well but can't find or remember it.All the ones i done prior never worked.
Were doing "dinosaurs" so was going to try and make a paper mache one!!

Angela

Monkey1
13-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Custard, baked beans, shaving foam noodles - paining at the easel chalking etc etc are all slowly becomming out door activities in this house.

I'm a horrible minder - they'll all be outside with rain macs over their coats doing it in the winter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think thats in keeping with EYFS bringing the outdoors inside and the indoors outside - There is no wrong weather - just wrong clothing!!!!!!!!

I think i will use that one if parents complain about letting the kids out to messy play outside!:D

miss mopple
13-08-2008, 06:06 AM
We just did flour and water paste. Seems to be holding out ok and they are almost dry so no doubt my poor kitchen will be covered in paint later too :laughing:

You can use a pva and water mix, or non fungal wallpaper paste too I think.