PDA

View Full Version : Separation Anxiety - Young Toddlers

mumofone
30-04-2019, 08:23 AM
I'm having problems with children not wanting to be left at the minute (I'm talking seconds/minutes) they go into meltdown, its so wearing. I cant work out if its these children in particular or whether they are all like it and I've just forgotten. Making my days long and painful. Everything is setting them off...anyone else had this and how did you deal with it?

Dragonfly
30-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Some children are like that I think. Go into melt down at being left but are fine the minute the parent has gone out the door, and they actually have fun throughout the day.it is wearing if they keep doing it. I’d expect a new child to perhaps do it for a while till they settle but some children just do it every day which can become a bore I’m afraid.

moggy
30-04-2019, 05:24 PM
Do mean when you leave the room?
What age are they?

mumofone
30-04-2019, 08:54 PM
sorry i mean when i leave the room ie to make lunch or go to the toilet!

Dragonfly
01-05-2019, 07:07 AM
Oh, sorry misread post.

moggy
01-05-2019, 12:20 PM
sorry i mean when i leave the room ie to make lunch or go to the toilet!

Lots of reassurance, talking to them from the other room so they know I haven't disappeared. I find it is a phase they get through, once they feel more secure. It is hard, mine are all past that phase at the moment but I can remember it!

BallyH
01-05-2019, 12:53 PM
Yes this can be exhausting and I’ve been through it many phases times. It does get easier but hard going through it. I’ve currently got a 15 month old always in tears outdoors as a bird swooped into his own back garden last week at home. Before this he loved my garden. So another phase to work through. :laughing:

mumofone
09-05-2019, 08:36 AM
Thanks everyone, we have good days and some bad days. I'll just hang in there and ride out this phase!