PDA

View Full Version : Fee discount for 2 siblings

Starr870
05-02-2019, 10:24 AM
Hi I am possibly having a brother and sister to look after before and after school. They are 7 and 10 years old. Do people offer a sibling discount? I charge £4.50 per hour per child. TIA

Kiddleywinks
05-02-2019, 11:57 AM
Sorry, don't offer sibling discounts here - 2 children = 2 spaces, and tbh, the older they get the more hard work they become lol, or, if you include food, the more they eat!

I do know some minders give a discount, but it's generally 5% or 10% and on the older siblings fees only rather than on the total bill. The reason being, an older child will either a. not attend as much as a younger one, and b. will be leaving the soonest

moggy
05-02-2019, 01:02 PM
No, 2 children = 2 places. Siblings are also a bigger risk for your business- if they move house or there's a change in parents' work or home situation then you lose 2 children at once, and that can be a big issue if it happens to you (has happened to me!).

BallyH
05-02-2019, 01:50 PM
I don’t either. They do eat a lot and use a lot of craft supplies etc. Plus I find the older ones seem to change days/hours often (if space allows them to return) as they have a new interest in after school clubs.

loocyloo
05-02-2019, 05:44 PM
I only do a (very small) discount for the eldest child, if BOTH children attend for 27 hrs or over each week.
I don't discount schoolies ... i find them hard work as they go through resources and food like a plague of locusts! I do enjoy having them round though!