PDA

View Full Version : tuff tray ideas for 1-2 year olds

mumofone
31-12-2018, 10:53 AM
Can anyone give me any good ideas for tuff tray type play ideas to entertain one+ year olds please :-)

Maza
31-12-2018, 12:10 PM
I never had a tuff tray, but I always wanted one. I had a smaller type of tray. Water was always the most popular - with the tray on the floor so that they could go in it with their wellies on - like a big puddle.

loocyloo
31-12-2018, 01:10 PM
My tough tray is outside on a stand, being used as a sand tray!

Inside i have a large tray that i use for all sorts of sensory activities! ...
Water is a great favourite, as is a selection of rice/pasta with spoons /bowls etc to spoon and mix. Posting spaghetti through the holes of a colandar is a great fine motor skill.

Mixing flour /cornflour and water is another activity.

Sometimes i put wooden blocks/little people/small world objects in for creative play.

Chalk or paint

Sticking or peeling off masking tape

Selection of sensory or treasure basket items

In the autumn we had conkers/leaves etc

Basically; everything and anything can go in a tuff tray! Pinterest is good for ideas, plus look at sensory trays.

Enjoy x

mumofone
01-01-2019, 08:27 PM
thanks both, i should have said that I got rid of my large tuff tray, was just too big for me and cumbersome BUT i see amazing set ups by others but when it comes to doing my own i'm always stuck for ideas! I wanted to use a smaller tray. I feel its an area I'm not very good at!

loocyloo
02-01-2019, 08:19 AM
thanks both, i should have said that I got rid of my large tuff tray, was just too big for me and cumbersome BUT i see amazing set ups by others but when it comes to doing my own i'm always stuck for ideas! I wanted to use a smaller tray. I feel its an area I'm not very good at!

Thats why my tuff tray is outside, on a stand as a permanent sand tray! Although looking at it currently ... its full of rain water!

Inside i use potting trays etc from the garden centre and/or cat litter trays as i like them with big sides, but i also have a selection of serving trays and dishes that i use.

bunyip
02-01-2019, 10:18 AM
Can anyone give me any good ideas for tuff tray type play ideas to entertain one+ year olds please :-)

Why must it involve a tuff tray?

mumofone
11-02-2019, 07:50 PM
Not necessarily a tuff tray but i like to use some form of tray for messy stuff so looking for messy play ideas where i can contain the mess. If that makes sense! Sounds gross but i tend to use a cat litter tray (not used for that purpose!)

Dragonfly
12-02-2019, 07:51 AM
Cat litter trays are really good for marble painting/ shaving foam etc.