PDA

View Full Version : Visitors needing a CM2 form??

Mollymop
12-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I was told by my dev officer when she popped round last week, that if I had someone visit more than 3 times in a calender month then I had to get them to fill in a CM2 form and send it off to Ofsted.
You see, my d.o saw my visitor form and saw my mothers name 3 times (over 3 months:rolleyes: ). That's when she told me. I said it seemed pants as my mum only pops in very quickly when she does stop by, you know just to drop in some bread or something I have asked her to collect while she in town. SHe never ever has a "proper" visit while I am minding, after all she works full time too. She said it doesn't matter.
Well I was a bit miffed as I had never heard of it before.

So..

I phoned ofsted earlier and they told me that what my dev officer said was incorrect. The only people that need cm2 forms are those that are over 16 and living on the premises and anyone who is left in charge or alone with the minded children.

Just wondered if anyone else had been told this, or told anything different. As I am wondering why my dev officer was adament about it and then ofsted say it is incorrect.

Annie_T
12-08-2008, 01:47 PM
The only people that need cm2 forms are those that are over 16 and living on the premises and anyone who is left in charge or alone with the minded children. - what i thought

visitors go in a book if you have one - what i was told, like said if not there to long thne doign cm2 would be silly

EllieF
12-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Only time I have heard anything similar was when Ofsted requested a CM2 on a childminders ex husband who came round to see their son on a regular basis, but did not live at the house any more
Ellie

nell57
12-08-2008, 02:06 PM
I've not heard anything like this before, sounds like your DO has her wires crossed somewhere:rolleyes: you did the right thing phoning ofsted. It will also state in the Welfare requirements somewhere who ofsted need to be notified of, so you could point it out next time you see her:D .

Helen

sarah707
12-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Ofsted will say whatever is in the standards...

I'd be tempted to put it in an email so you have it in writing for next time you DO visits :D

Mollymop
12-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Ofsted will say whatever is in the standards...

I'd be tempted to put it in an email so you have it in writing for next time you DO visits :D

Yes, I have emailed them as well. Still waiting for a reply. It's best to get it in writing, like you have suggested.

Chatterbox Childcare
12-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I think you DO has it wrong.

Email Ofsted and I am sure they will clarify

Debbie

tulip0803
12-08-2008, 06:32 PM
That would have been great last October when I had to have the plumber out 4 times in a month to get the boiler working:rolleyes:

Heaven Scent
12-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey I better bat on and get something sorted out for my 82 yr old mother who is coming from Ireland to stay for 2 weeks. Plus my sister and her husband who will be here also for 5 days of that - or do I just make sure they are all up an out before 7.30 and don't come back until the last child has left. I thought it was OK so long as they weren't left alone with the children.

They don't live here and I don't have a visitors book yet - I might sort one our for Sept EFS and all that.

Do you think their CRB's will be back by FRI if I send off for the forms tomorrow??????

FizzysFriends
12-08-2008, 08:07 PM
OFSTED told me that only people visiting on a regular basis would have to do the CM2. I asked about my parents as my dad does some DIY for me and my mom comes to see DD. She said that wasn't regular its if I have a cleaner or something like that.

Mollymop
13-08-2008, 10:29 AM
:D Thank for your replies - this is ofsted's email -

Thank you for your e-mail.

Ofsted only carry out checks on people over the age of 16 who live or are employed in the household where childminding takes place. This also applies to people who stay regularly in the home. There is currently no definition of what amounts to someone who stays regularly in the home and this will be decided on a case by case basis.

Any visitors such as family members, friends or trades people are not required to complete suitability checks as they do not fall within the above criteria. This also refers to any people who intend to stay overnight at the childminder's home, such as a partner or relatives and friends visiting from a different country.

However, childminders must ensure that any visitors to the home do not have any unsupervised contact with the minded children at any time.

Those that do need checks completed (i.e. those living and/or working on the premises and those who regularly stay) will need to complete a CM2 form and submit to the NBU.

I hope that the information provided will be of use to you.

However, should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

sarah707
13-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Well for once that sounds straight forward! :D

Heaven Scent
13-08-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm so glad it doesn't apply to visitors visiting from abroad although it wouldn't surprise me if in time it did I just get so annoyed the way they keep moving the goal posts - Although I never checked I presumed that it was ok for my family to stay for a holiday. - I was just being sarcastic in my last post as I was feeling low about other things.